Other Sellers on Amazon
+ £2.03 UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
+ £1.99 UK delivery
Batman: Arkham Asylum (PC DVD)
|Price:||£5.50 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Utilize the unique FreeFlow combat system to chain together unlimited combos seamlessly and battle with huge groups of The Joker's henchmen in brutal melee brawls
- Investigate as Batman, the WORLD'S GREATEST DETECTIVE, by solving intricate puzzles with the help of cutting edge forensic tools including x-ray scanning, fingerprint scans, 'Amido Black' spray and a pheromone tracker
- Face off against Gotham's greatest villains including The Joker, HARLEY QUINN, VICTOR ZSASZ and KILLER CROC
- Become the Invisible Predator with Batman's fear takedowns and unique vantage point system to move without being seen and hunt enemies
- Choose multiple takedown methods, including swooping from the sky and smashing through walls, and use the predator camera get a closer look at the action
- Explore every inch of Arkham Asylum and roam freely on the infamous island, presented for the first time ever in its gritty and realistic entirety
- Experience what it's like to be BATMAN using BATARANGS, explosive gel aerosol, The Batclaw, sonar resonator and the line launcher
- Unlock more secrets by completing hidden challenges in the world and develop and customize equipment by earning experience points
- Enjoy complete superhero freedom in the environment with the use of Batman's grapple to get to any place you can see, jump from any height and glide in any direction
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Platform: Windows XP
- BBFC Rating: Suitable for 15 years and over. Not for sale to persons under age 15. By placing an order for this product, you declare that you are 15 years of age or over.
- Media: DVD-ROM
- Item Quantity: 1
Platform: PC | Edition: Standard Edition
Batman: Arkham Asylum exposes players to a unique, dark and atmospheric adventure that takes them to the depths of Arkham Asylum - Gotham's psychiatric hospital for the criminally insane. Gamers will move in the shadows, instigate fear amongst their enemies and confront The Joker and Gotham City's most notorious villains who have taken over the asylum. Using a wide range of Batman's gadgets and abilities, players will become the invisible predator and attempt to foil The Joker's demented scheme.
Batman: Arkham Asylum features an original story penned exclusively for the game by famous Batman author and five-time Emmy award winner, Paul Dini, whose credits include Lost season one and Batman: The Animated Series. With amazing graphics and a moody, immersive setting, Batman: Arkham Asylum offers diverse gameplay options that push the envelope for all action, adventure and superhero games.
- Utilise the unique FreeFlow combat system to chain together unlimited combos seamlessly and battle with huge groups of The Joker's henchmen in brutal melee brawls
- Investigate as Batman, the world's greatest detective, by solving intricate puzzles with the help of cutting edge forensic tools including x-ray scanning, fingerprint scans, 'Amido Black' spray and a pheromone tracker.
- Face off against Gotham's greatest villains including The Joker, Harley Quinn, Victor Zsasz and Killer Croc.
- Become the Invisible Predator with Batman's fear takedowns and unique vantage point system to move without being seen and hunt enemies.
- Choose multiple takedown methods, including swooping from the sky and smashing through walls, and use the predator camera get a closer look at the action.
- Explore every inch of Arkham Asylum and roam freely on the infamous island, presented for the first time ever in its gritty and realist
The Dark Knight returns in the first game to do him justice in his more than 20 year history in video games. Not based on any specific comic book or movie it takes all the best ideas and visuals from all of Batman's many incarnations to create a unique spin on one of pop culture's greatest icons.
Arkham Asylum becomes the backdrop for Batman's most dangerous challenge
Killer Croc has never looked more imposing or been more dangerous Batman must discover the deadly secrets behind The Joker's masterplan Stalk the minor criminals like prey and strike from the dark when they least expect it
The entire game takes place within Arkham Asylum, where The Joker and his allies have overtaken the facility and set a trap for Batman. This is no simplistic beat 'em-up though, with Batman forced to prove his status as the world's greatest detective with a number of complex forensic style puzzles.
When it does come to combat though you must still use your cunning as much as your fists, as you stalk unaware enemies and distract them with the bodies or screams of their cronies. With believable physics, superb graphics and a serious adult tone this is more than just another superhero tie-in.Key Features
- Rogue's gallery: Battle all of Batman's greatest foes, including The Joker, Harley Quinn, Killer Croc.
- Final Knight: Gain experience from fights and puzzles to improve and add to Batman's abilities via a role-playing game style skill tree that lets you customise the Dark Knight as you see fit.
- Dynamic duo: Target the most dangerous foes from the shadows with a special takedown move and then move in to stun or attack opponents with the game's intuitive combo system.
- Detective comics: Batman must use his brain as well as his brawn, with CSI style puzzles solved by an array of bat-gadgets including a multi-use interactive visor.
- Animated avenger: An original story written by comic book and Batman: The Animated Series legend Paul Dini - plus Kevin Conroy as the voice of Batman and Mark Hamill as The Joker.
About the Developer: Rocksteady StudiosOnly found founded in 2004, this London based developer's first game was the well received first person shoot 'em-up Urban Chaos: Riot Response for the PlayStation 2 and Xbox. Their first game for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 (and PC) is comic book license Batman: Arkham Asylum.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I play with the keyboard & mouse & and the controls are pretty user friendly.
Voice acting is just superb, drafting in three people from Batman: The Animated Series, Mark Hamill (Joker), Kevin Conroy (Batman) and Arleen Sorkin (Harley Quinn).
I have to say that Mark Hamills' Joker really does stand out. Money has not been spared on any aspect on this game. It really deserves the good reviews & ratings from the various game websites & magazines
My one small gripe is that you can't manually save the game; it goes past a checkpoint & autosaves so if you pick an upgrade and you realise it's not the one you want but have passed the checkpoint, you're stuck with it.
It's certainly not an issue to knock a star off though. It means I'll make better choices the next time I play it.
This is such a playable, enjoyable game that I think people that aren't Batman fans would enjoy this. Treat yourselves, people
Enough of this review! I need to jump back on the game & show the bad guys the error of their ways.
The unfortunate parts are its relative ease (one play through took me to 85% completion, which includes practically all the Riddler Clues) and the fact that despite (or more likely because of) its simple pleasures the game remains pretty shallow. For a hardcore gamer you're looking at no more than a weekend of entertainment to complete the fundamentals - after which it's really a matter of how much you care about XBox Live Gamer Points and defeating the extra challenges set (I achieved 99% prior to my save corrupting after only 4 days and about 10 hours play).
Hoodlums are 1 of 5 varieties, bosses are not much more than learning a pattern of behaviour, puzzles aren't particularly taxing, and there's very little actual detective work that isn't served on a plate. The whole process of taking down baddies is like a poor mans Splinter Cell in terms of stealth, but it tops Fisher in brutality and flair.
In all it's well worth buying, playing, enjoying, however there's no longterm charm - as such the game harks back to games of the mid90's with its story arc - just plenty of exceptionally fun and challenging situations against which to pit your reflexes and (occasionally) just expend a little aggression in a creative manner until the sequel comes along.Read more ›
When i started to play it i had to make the painfull registation in Windows Live, then i enjoyed the first images with stunning graphics.
The game starts with Joker being taken to a jail in Arkham, then he hits the guards and he runs inside the big house waiting to Batman.After this you have to fight against his men (i never had seen so good fight movements in a pc game like in B.A.A), and you have to be carefull cause some men need a little of "brain work" to be beaten, specially if they have a gun in their hands...
I finished the game in a week and half, however i spent 2 days trying to save 2 guards from Harley, where i had to grab a machine and desactivate a machine in 90 seconds if not the guards would die with gas. This was the worst part of the game (very hard), however i will play it again cause the sensation of play this is amazing!
Game of the year, without any doubt!
Batman is no exception.
However, this has got to be one of the most enjoyable games I have played in recent months. After about 16 hours of gametime, I completed the game on normal, and (rare for me) I started a new game, and carried on playing. Before I go into a rant about what I enjoy most, I'll give a quick review of the game first.
The starting movie shows the Batmobile heading to Arkham Asylum, The Joker, having threatened the Mayor of Gotham City, has been apprehended by Batman. Upon arrival at the Asylum, Batman insists on accompanining The Joker, as he has an uneasy feeling about the ease with which he captured The Joker. Naturally, The Joker breaks free, springing his trap, which is only the beginning his diabolical plan.
From there, the game breaks down into several 'mini-games'. The first, is combat vs unarmed henchmen. This is a complete hoot. The combat skills at Batman's disposal are fantastic. LMB attacks the target nearest to Batman (in conjunction with keyboard direction), whereas RMB will catch an attack, and counter it. That doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun, but once you have the hang of it, you can easily control a fight from start to finish. The game has a huge array of moves available, and all of them look amazing, but sadly, you can't choose which will be used. But bouncing from henchman to henchman, unleashing devastating moves on each one is prehaps the best feature of this game. Even being heavily outnumbered, the ability to counter never means you are at a disadvantage.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Good Game but for people who bough it and are wondering why there activation codes are not working and you cant save on Games for windows live go to a program called steam and make... Read morePublished 17 months ago by Rhys
To be honest not even played it yet but have attempted a demo and loved it. So bought if for a rainy day a good price and from the demo version really cool fights. Read morePublished 24 months ago by I. Ramsay
Not bad, not great. Struggled a bit with the interface and it was bit repetetive.But for the price Amazon sell it at its a good buy.Published on 6 Mar. 2014 by Mr. M. Lucas
Brand new as stated. Very good service, arrived promply and well within the timescale indicated. Would recommend this supplier to others.Published on 28 Feb. 2014 by Marek
This game was a real joy to play. Decent story, fabulous action and gorgeous graphics.
The game does very well in making you feel like a super hero. Read more
Very nice game, with lots of innovative gameplay aspects such as the combat, the gadgets, the stealth kills... very enjoyable and the atmosphere is really immersive. Read morePublished on 1 Oct. 2013 by Michel