on 2 November 2014
Design Thinking is about the process of a project, from the thought process to the implementation of the final product/design. It provides the framework to create your own project proposal for a client and also checklists in which you can implement into your own creative process.

Not only does the book include information on the Creative Process, it also includes ideas for print finishing for a project and materials. We highly recommend this book for students as it shows; the process of projects, introduces some great design vocabulary and includes a series of case studies.

More reviews at
on 21 December 2012
The best design is when you don't notice you are using it - like a comfortable shoe or the London underground map - beautifully simple. Unfortunately the layout of this book is so over-complicated that you miss half of the points that are being made. The content is interesting, relevant and useful (deserves 5 stars) but the layout makes it so frustrating and hard to decipher that I honestly couldn't recommend it.
on 18 February 2015
nice informative book good quality and easily written with lots of different ways of thinking to help you as a designer engage the thought with the process.
on 29 July 2015
Great series, with I could get hold of the others!
on 24 June 2015
Nice one. I like it.
on 24 November 2012
I couldn't quite get the hang of this book when I first started uni but I now find it helpful just to check up on a few things every now and then and I'm using some quotes from it explaining design principles in my dissertation. Good book for understanding what design is, more good titles in the series.
on 21 October 2016
Slightly bent on delivery but overall a very good product! Would recommend!
on 10 June 2010
This book walks the reader through the (graphic) design process, introducing relevant principles and concepts along the way in a fashion that is both comprehensive and concise and so, despite the plethora of material introduced, does not overwhelm. All this is illustrated with great examples throughout.

'Design Thinking' makes for an excellent practical introduction to the process and principles of design, from initial brief to implementation; it is useful both as a reference work and point of departure for further, more specialised study. It is written for (future) practitioners - I have rarely found such a useful, and actionable, introduction to the subject. After you've read it, you will have a clear idea as to how to go about solving a (graphic) design problem.
4 people found this helpful
on 1 March 2012
The book is extremely informative and easy to read; it explains the entire design process from beginning to end in a straight-forward manner.
It was useful to me for my studies and for some free-lance design work; I would recommend it to any aspiring designers.
on 17 July 2011
I had bought other books from the Ambrose and Harris's collection (e.g. layout, typography) and I've always found them great for beginners like me. I purchased this one to find out more about the design process. It's nicely detailed with a very simple diagram of the process and a lot of tips/recommendations on how to proceed for each step of the process. Then, there are many examples of projects produced following the process. Some projects are taken as examples and are detailed from brief to production. So it really shows how to undertake a design project. I found this book very valuable to learn how to use the process and create effective solutions for my projects. I think it's good to start! It might not be as valuable for someone who's very familiar with the design process.
One person found this helpful