Basic Scanning Guide: For Photographers and Other Creative Types Paperback – 17 Apr 2001
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Rob Sheppard is a photographer and videographer who says his favorite location is the one he is in at any time. He is the author/photographer of hundreds of articles about photography, and more than 35 books. Sheppard is a well-known speaker and workshop leader, and a Fellow with the North American Nature Photography Association. He was the long-time editor of the prestigious Outdoor Photographer magazine and helped start PCPhoto (Digital Photo). Presently he is editor-at-large for Outdoor Photographer. Visit his website (www.robsheppardphoto.com) and blog (www.natureandphotography.com).
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
For a suggested retail of $17.95US, you get 188 paragraphs (not pages). Many of the paragraphs are repeated many times, for example paragraphs 67, 76, 88, and 100 all have almost identical text reminding the reader to pay attention to where the scanned image is being saved. Paragraphs 68, 77, 89, and 101 all have almost identical text telling the reader to start the scan and throw it away and start over again if it doesn't come out as desired. And there are more examples of this.
I think that most people who buy scanners will only find at most 20 paragraphs in this book usefull, and it can all be found for free online.
I was hoping for a book that discussed color management and workflows. A book that described in detail all of the common controls that most scanners have such as gain, color, histigram, focus, more discussion on resolutions (there is some), etc.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography > Digital Photography
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography > Reference
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography > Techniques & Tools
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Photography > Beginners
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Photography > Techniques & Tips
- Books > Computing & Internet > Hardware > Peripherals
- Books > Computing & Internet > Networking & Security > Network Topics
- Books > Computing & Internet > New to Computing
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Graphics & Multimedia
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Image Manipulation & Creation