Basic Maths For Dummies (UK Edition) Paperback – 29 Jul 2011
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide with confidence
- Deal with decimals, tackle fractions and make sense of percentages
- Size up weights, measures and shapes
- Prepare effectively for maths tests
No head for numbers? Feel like maths isn′t your thing? Stop selling yourself short. Maths tutor Colin Beveridge believes that doing maths comes as naturally to humans as swimming does to fish, and he proves it in Basic Maths For Dummies. Encompassing the Adult Numeracy Core Curriculum, and using Colin′s proven formula for turning anybody even the most maths–phobic student into a natural number–cruncher, this book arms you with the confidence and skills you need to handle everyday maths challenges, return to school, pass skills and employability exams with flying colours, and help the kids with their homework.
- Face down the competition overcome maths anxiety and set yourself up for success
- Get a firm footing master the building blocks of maths, including addition, subtraction and long division
- Take their measure size up weights, measures, rates, conversions and geometric shapes
- Show′em who′s boss give fractions no quarter, put decimals in their place and accept nothing less than 100% from percentages
- Beat the odds discover how to decipher statistics, gauge odds and predict probabilities
- Shoot from the hip learn simple tricks for making reliable estimates fast
Open the book and find:
- Tricks for conquering maths anxiety
- Addition, subtraction, multiplication and division made easy
- Advice on money, weights, measures and shapes
- How to read charts, tables and graphs at a glance
- Guidance on conquering fractions, decimals and percentages
- How to decipher statistics and probabilities
- How to handle ballpark estimates and rough calculations in your head
About the Author
Colin Beveridge holds a doctorate in mathematics from the University of St Andrews. He gave up a position as a researcher at Montana State University (working with NASA, among other projects) to become a full–time maths tutor, helping adults, GCSE, A–level and university students overcome their fear of maths a position he finds ′far more enjoyable than real work′.