Basic Heat Mass Transfer Paperback – 12 Aug 1998
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
The careful ordering of topics in each chapter leads readers gradually from introductory concepts to advanced material, eliminating roadblocks to developing solid engineering problem-solving skills. Mathematical concepts are reviewed on as needed basis refreshing memories, and the computational software integrated with the book allows them to obtain reliable numerical results. The integrated coverage of design principles and the wide variety of exercises based on current heat and mass transfer technologies encourage the reader to think like an engineer.
- NEW ― Includes 300 new exercises.
- Material carefully arranged in each chapter so that the simplest concepts are presented first, progressing to more complex material.
- Essential details of classical mathematics are presented as needed, to refresh and reinforce math skills.
- Current material on refrigerants is included―exercises and property tables have been updated with R-22 and R-134a.
- Design principles are fully integrated―including thermalhydraulic design of exchangers and the economic considerations.
- Includes thermal hydraulic design of exchanges.
- Focus on economic consideration of design.
- Real-world applications better preparation to solve problems they will faced in life.
- Free software enables the user to perform parametric calculations with links, when appropriate, directly from property data in the appendices. Available at author-maintained website.
- Over 1,000 exercises - including over 300 new exercises are in this edition.
- Reinforcing exercises are designed to help understanding of fundamental concepts.
- Applied exercises encourage users to use heat transfer concepts in real world situations.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Mechanics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electrical
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Energy Technology
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Mechanical & Materials Engineering
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > Mechanics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Energy Engineering