- Save 10% on Books for Schools offered by Amazon.co.uk when you purchase 10 or more of the same book. Here's how (terms and conditions apply) Enter code SCHOOLS2016 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Find Your Way Home--Bestselling Sat NavsPlan ahead and avoid traffic jams with one of our bestselling sat navs from top brands including TomTom and Garmin. We also stock a great range of up-to-date and fully-routable maps for your device, including popular destinations such as France, Portugal, North America and Scotland.
Basic Geological Mapping (Geological Field Guide) Paperback – 19 Aug 2011
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
“In summary, the book is written for geology students mapping in the U.K., as opposed to the professional geoscientist. At its best, the book conveys the advice of experienced geology instructors to novice field mapping students as they struggle to learn the fundamentals of geologic observation and interpretation.” (Environmental & Engineering Geoscience, 2 May 2013)
“No field geoscientist should be without this handy, unparalleled guide. Summing Up: Highly recommended. Upper–division undergraduates through professionals; two–year technical program students.” (Choice, 1 August 2012)"This is a "how to do it" book and excels in being a good straight–forward read, packed with detailed information and advice, spiced with a little humour here and there." (Geomatics World, 1 March 2012)
From the Back Cover
Geological mapping cannot be taught by lecturers or in a laboratory, it must be learnt in the field. Basic Geological Mapping, 5th Edition is an essential guide to field techniques in mapping geology. Now completely revised updated, t book retains the concise clarity which has made it an indispensable,instant reference in its previous editions. It provides the reader with all the necessary practical information and techniques that they will need while carrying out work in the field, covering a wide spectrum of different conditions, needs and types of countries. This edition covers new developments in technology including Google earth and the use of GPS.
This is an invaluable practical guide to geological mapping for undergraduate students in Geology, Hydrogeology and Geological engineering.
- Handy small format for use in the field;
- includes a section on reporting practical findings;
- clear and concise presentation of essential information;
- New accessible writing style to aid clarity and readability;
- Includes new developments in technology including Google Earth and the use of GPS;
- New section on Safety in the Field;]Comprehensive check–list of equipment needed to cover most needs;
- Advice on the use of aerial photographs in mapping.