- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Basic English Grammar with Audio CD, with Answer Key Paperback – 22 Jan 2014
Special offers and product promotions
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
Basic English Grammar is a classic developmental skills text for beginning students of English as a second or foreign language. It uses a grammar-based approach integrated with communicative methodologies to prmote the development of all language skills.
While keeping the same basic approach and materials as in earlier edtions, the fourth edition continues to build on the foundation of understanding form and meaning by engaging students in meaningful communication about real actions, real things, and their own lives in classroom context.
Several of the new features are:
- Information in the grammar charts highlighting differences between spoken and written English
- Step-by-step writing activities with models for students to follow
- Innovative warm-up exercises that precede the grammar charts and introduce points to be taught
- Newly created exercises to give students more incremental grammar practice
- Structure-based listening exercises that introduce students to relaxed, reduced speech
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
This is perfect for beginners. They don't need, nor probably would understand,12 verb tenses as BASIC learners. (YA THINK?)
If one were to want a compendium of all the verb tenses and encyclopedic explanations
I would not recommend choosing a BASIC English Grammar textbook, emphasis on the "BASIC"