Base Camp Adult Bike Helmet with Rear Light for Urban Commuter - Adjustable M L Size (21.65-24 Inches)
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- CE standards certified, keep your head safe
- Build-in with detachable rear light, more visibility and safety
- Adjustable chin strap and rear dial secure system, comfortable and easy fitting
- Lightweight and comfortable, 9 air vents and detachable inside soft padding
- Good for urban commuting, bike cycling. Suitable for most adults head circumference from 22 to 24 inches(NOT for Extra Large). Please measure your circumference above eye brows with a tape measure or string to get your head size and make the right purchase
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please measure head circumference before order:
Wrap a flexible tape measure around the largest portion of your head-about 1 in. above your eyebrows. Or, wrap a string or ribbon around your head, then measure the length of string with a straight-edge ruler or yardstick.
Adult Bike Helmet Sizes
XS: 19-20 Inches(49-51 cm)
S: 20-21.75 Inches(51-55 cm)
M: 21.75-23.25 Inches(55-59 cm)
L: 23.25-24.75 Inches(59-63 cm)
XL: 24+ Inches(62+ cm)
City urban style
CPSC safety standard certified
Build-in detachable rear light
Comfortable padding, anti-microbial
Easy Dial adjustment,comfortable
9 Vents for air circulation and keep cool
Size: average size (M, L size)
Helmet circumference: 22-24 Inches (55.8 - 61cm)
Helmet weight:0.62 lb
Adjust: Chin strap and rear dial adjustment
Vents: 9 vents
Padding: detachable padding
Rear light: build-in/ detachable ( you can push it out with a stick)
Rear light battery: CR2032 battery
Rear light mode: 2 modes (steady light / flashing light)
Material: EPS+PC, nylon
Manufacture: Integrated molding
Applicable: Adult, men and women
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The urban helmet is also well made and fit for its purpose of people in a urban environment. It has a good adjustment system for a snug fit on the head , by means of a rotary wheel system, also the retaining straps have a chin guard which I found quite a good, and a good snap buckle to secure a snug fit of the helmet It also has a triangular red light built into the helmet which has solid or flashing option, this is pressure fitting into the helmet which is a snug fit, this is removed by gently prising out of helmet with pen knife or similar item. The slots for ventilation to keep head from sweating are adequate for its purpose which is urban and commuting and short journeys. The helmet has built in fixed peak. Overall I find this to be good helmet for it’s purpose.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Some very minor things I noticed:
· My head circumference measures 22.5” and the helmet is advertised to fit 21.65” to 24”. The fit is a little snug from front to back with the rear dial on its largest setting. There is sufficient room to the top and on the sides (temple areas). I think after wearing it for a little while and getting through the break-in period, I suspect the padding will settle in some and conform a little better.
· The velcro stickers, in particular the ones holding the front pad which support the forehead, do not stay attached to the helmet all that well. Either not enough glue was used or the type that was used provides an insufficient bond. I will just use some contact cement to create a better bond.
· I wish the rear light was a little easier to turn on/off/cycle through. If it had a more pronounced click, it would give a better indication of which mode I was in when the helmet is on my head.
*Packaging*: This is great, the helmet comes with a draw-string storage bag. I really like this. When I just store others in the garage without a bag, they go on my head with days/weeks/months of dust and an occasional cob-web. This helmet will live in its bag and be protected, nice! The helmet is also wrapped in bubble wrap inside the storage bag upon arrival. This is great because theoretically once a helmet receives a significant shock, it's supposed to be discarded and replaced. So, if this one took a strong shock during shipping, it's extra protected in the bubble wrap, nice touch.
*Fit*: the head circumference fit is easily adjustable with one hand using the adjustment wheel on the back. It's very cool that the back "webbing" is adjustable up and down as well, it makes the helmet fit to your head very evenly. See the 2 rear photos below (one with rear-web up and one down). The chin strap is easily adjustable using the standard size-adjustment under the chin, it's actually easier than most. I really like the comfort band around the straps, very comfortable. I also like all the air venting allowing your head and scalp to breathe when you're really working up a sweat.
*Quality*: The quality seems excellent. The shell is extremely durable feeling (attempted to crush the shell by squeezing it hard and it didn't budge, no creaks or cracks), much more sturdy than others I've owned. The foam inside is thick and dense. It seems that it would absorb a significant shock (from asphalt or rock) very well and provide strong protection. I wasn't willing to crash my mountain bike off the cliff and land on my head to test it, sorry folks :-) But, from all appearances and lots of experience, it seems this helmet would hold up very well. I really like the internal padding strips, I've never seen them like this. Basically the entire back of all the padded strips are Velcro. Then, there are strategically placed Velcro dots mounted permanently to the inside of the helmet for the strips to mount to. This makes the padding easily removed or adjusted if necessary. This is a good design. The LED lights in the back are either off, on or blink. They are bright and add a really nice safety feature. You have to push pretty hard on the light lens itself to get it to turn on/off. While it works great now, hopefully that clear lens never breaks or the light may not go on/off anymore - I wasn't willing to break it to find out. Maybe a switch on the inside would be a better design. Course, it hasn't broken, so I can't say. It works great for now and I appreciate the added safety feature. I wonder how you change the battery? Hmmm. I'll ask the manufacturer, they seem very responsive.
*Safety*: the helmet contains CPSC labeling on it - "The United States Consumer Product Safety Commission is an independent agency of the United States government. The CPSC seeks to promote the safety of consumer products by addressing "unreasonable risks" of injury; developing uniform safety standards; and conducting research into product-related illness and injury." The helmet also contains a label for "EN 1078" - "EN 1078, entitled Helmets for pedal cyclists and for users of skateboards and roller skates, is a European standard published in 1997.....specifies requirements and test methods for bicycle helmets, skateboard and roller skate helmets. It covers helmet construction including field of vision, shock absorbing properties, retention system properties including chin strap and fastening devices, as well as marking and information." If these are all legitimate certifications of this helmet, as they appear to be, this is very good for us as consumers.
*Value*: The booklet says they offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee (see picture), that's hard to beat. Overall, for this price, this is an excellent helmet. Again, I haven't crashed while wearing it (thank goodness), but if I do, from all signs and my riding experience, this helmet will protect me well. Would I recommend you buy it? Based on the legitimacy of the certifications, yes, I definitely would!