Customer reviews

on 6 March 2006
that is to say my 3 year old son loved the bug who was always saying things like 'cool' and 'crazy' in a squeaky voice and my daughter who is almost 10 years old enjoyed reading the story as well. It's fairly rare to find a book that will keep both of them happy.
Not forgetting myself because I liked the laid back bear and the 'hippy' bug and the book wasn't really trying teach the kids anything but was just relaying an unpredictable but very enjoyable tale.
The book was good enough for me to buy a copy as we first read it as a library book.
on 5 May 2014
This has been my 5 yr old son's favourite for ages - we ran out of library renews and had to give it back then take it out again.

The story is a bit different from many children's books, I still think it teaches something - kindness to little bugs!

Even after many reads, I still like the story too.

This is highly recommended, it doesn't seem to be available to buy at the moment though.
on 4 September 2013
Bartholmew is a brown bear who is always a little bit lazy. one day when batholomew was wondering around in his cave he meets a bug about the size off your little finger who you could see something was bothering him he was muttering something like the big light...