- Get free shipping on this item when you spend £1.00 or more on Qualifying items offered by bargin smellys. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Barry M Instant Nail Effects Black Magic 10 ml
- Nail Art in one easy step
- Apply a single coat of Nail Effects over any colour of nail varnish and watch the effect appear beofre your eyes.
- Experiment with different base colours and thickness for a unique look!
- Apply a clear top coat for a glossy finish or leave Matt!
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Barry M introduce a brand new,one of a kind - Instant Nail Effects - which transforms your nails instantly! What looks like an ordinary black nail paint is in fact an illusion as it creates a oatterned effect for easy,extraordinary nail art,creating a different pattern with every stroke. For a leopard print effect apply instant nail effects over a yellow varnish or for zebra print nails apply over white!
This product is subject to specific safety warnings
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Barry M INSTANT NAIL EFFECTS is a black polish* that is applied over another colour: As it dries it cracks into a unique pattern, that is similar to a leopard print.
Not only does it give an easy, professional pattern every time, but it is also hard wearing and helps my polish last longer without using another top coat over it**. I think this is due to the formula being slightly thicker then most nail polishes [but non-gloopy], so it forms a thick protective layer over your base colour.
* It is labelled as a Nail Paint - the same as Barry M's other polishes - so I wasn't sure what to call it, but the formula was created to separate as it dries so it won't work as a regular polish.
** This product is not billed as a topcoat, so it's just my personal experience. Without using a regular topcoat my polish will last for at least four days with only minimal wear. But [as previously mentioned] I'm tough on my nails (self powered wheelchair user), so this product will give longer lasting results on other people.
- - - - - - - - - - -
How to apply
- - - - - - - - - - -
1) Simply apply one or two coats of your chosen polish shade [don't go for dark colours as the finished results won't show up very well].
2) When the base colour is dry apply one coat of INSTANT NAIL EFFECTS over it*.Read more ›
Between the cracks you will see the original colour you put on.
It is easy to use and it doesn't matter if you don't put it on perfectly. It looks like something you would get done at a salon, its brilliant.
OPI have just brought out their own version, but it's much more expensive, and owning both OPI and Barry M nail varnish, I would say that the Barry M nail varnishes actually last longer, and therefore much better value for money!
One tip I would say is, put a clear top coat on, it makes the effect fit in with the base colour much better and looks nicer! (The effect nail varnish has a matt look.)
I hope Barry M will bring out more colours soon!
I have to say I am utterly blown away by this. I took into account some of the tips I had read about application but honestly, in my opinion it was very easy to apply (especially considering the brush, which is a traditional thinner type rather than the more modern wide brushes you see nowadays). I paired it with a Rimmel coral-coloured base colour and the Barry M 3-in-1 clear as a top coat and it is showing absolutely no signs of budging off my nails after three days. I have long natural nails and type a lot for a living so my nails are getting a very realistic amount of wear. Also it is so much fun to apply, it dries so quickly and you can see the cracks appearing before your eyes - especially if you blow on it. :D
So some tips for the effect:
1) The thinner you apply, the thinner the cracks will be. Thicker application leads to bigger chunks and bigger cracks.
2) Paint quickly - this dries extremely fast so you have to be confident and quick with your application. On the plus side, due to the very nature of the effect you don't have to be particularly neat. :) Some people have said it's important not to overlap - this may be the case but I found it impossible NOT to overlap and as long as you are quick, in my experience it doesn't matter too much.
3) Allow your base colour to dry completely before applying the effect.
4) This is a thin matte polish so a good quality top coat is a must. As mentioned though, I have used the Barry M top coat and found it very good.Read more ›
Edit: I bought this at about £2.50 - it's now gone up to around £8! At this price I don't think I would recommend as it is so short lived.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Fab .. The best silver gor nail stamping images on to your nails x clean , crisp and hard wearing xPublished 12 months ago by Auntie
Opaque in one coat and perfect for stamping with. I love this stuff.Published 13 months ago by Zoe Lynn
I have used this nail polish for years. It is my go to nail art design as it goes with everything and looks stunning. Read morePublished 13 months ago by H4A26
It dried up so quickly.I barely had time to use it twice. What a waste.Published 13 months ago by CC