- Hardcover: 231 pages
- Publisher: Birkhauser Verlag AG (Sept. 2002)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 3764366796
- ISBN-13: 978-3764366797
- Product Dimensions: 24.6 x 2 x 32.5 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 5,495,491 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Barragan: Space and Shadow, Walls and Colour Hardcover – 1 Sep 2002
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
About the Author
Daniele Pauly is the author of the Le Corbusier guide The Chapel of Ronchamp. She researched the material for this monograph in the course of numerous study trips to Mexico.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
Barragan's architecture and its pure emotion can be explained/expresed with floor plans and color photographs.
Barragan's work is the most colorful work in modern architecture. This book does not make a reasonable attempt to depict that fact. There are not enough photographs contained here and less than 1/3 of them are in color.
If you are interested in Barragan's history and architectural development, then maybe this book is for you. If you are interested in a visual description of the essential vibrant works of Luis Barragan, this is not that book.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Architects
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Planning
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Types of Architecture > Public Buildings
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Types of Architecture > Residential Buildings
- Books > Home & Garden > Interior Design & Decoration > Professional Interior Design
- Books > Home & Garden > Interior Design & Decoration > Styles & Decor