on 22 March 2016
You don't have to be a fan of the TV version of the Tipping Point to enjoy this app. My partner and I have had lots of fun playing this since I downloaded it. It can be played by up to 4 people and there is a quick game option where you get to the final game after only 1 question round. The final game is where you have the golden counter and have to make it fall into the "drop zone".

If only the cash prizes were real- I would have won over £2,000 on my first game! Of course, since it wasn't, I was happy to risk the banked cash to have another 3 counters to try and win £10,000. I think the questions are much trickier than on the actual TV show but that's maybe no bad thing as they are sometimes ridiculously simple...

My only criticism is that the game is a bit slow if you are playing the full version but that is mainly down to the drop machine being slow-moving and actually it is exactly like that on TV too. I would certainly recommend this game but warn you that you will get frustrated when the counters don't quite make it over the edge.
7 people found this helpful
on 31 August 2017
The questions are good and varied, however you need to pay extra to unlock more categories which is rather annoying. The AI is fair and gives you time to answer before just jumping in and does get the question wrong sometimes.

The dropping section however is awful and the physics are way off. Coins will be clearly 90% over the edge and still stay in place however when the AI goes it will fall when only a fraction is over the edge.
VINE VOICEon 14 February 2015
My seven-year-old son is a bit of a quiz fanatic, so both myself and my husband purchased this app via our Amazon credit to use on our respective phones. It's almost a duplicate of the TV game and really enjoyable as a result. The contestant can play against one, two or three other players via the app's different choices, be it 'Ghostdrop', 'Surfer' or the other one whose name currently escapes me. There are four available rounds and access to the final jackpot round it only obtainable by gaining more money than your competitor. You're able to purchase additional themed specific questions if you wish, but we're still playing the 'general' selection and it's pretty good.

Highly recommended game and really addictive!
on 29 August 2017
very addictive game
on 17 May 2017
I love this game it just like the tv program very addictive.
on 13 October 2017
We used this on holiday and thoroughly enjoyed the competitive nature of this game when in direct competition.
on 20 May 2017
A great game to spend your spare time on. Very much like the TV show and works without problems on my Samsung Galaxy S5
on 16 November 2015
Just brilliant! The quick game is absorbing without being obsessive. I am not a games person, but I love unwinding with this one.
6 people found this helpful
on 17 April 2018
Excellent game, just like the tv show.
3 people found this helpful
on 22 April 2014
This game is based on the TV version. The graphics are good but I was a bit confused to start with as to how to answer the questions as they only appeared after I pressed my button to answer.

All in all a good way to spend half an hour or so
8 people found this helpful