- Hardcover: 944 pages
- Publisher: Collins Reference; 1 edition (1 Oct. 1995)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0062700847
- ISBN-13: 978-0062700841
- Product Dimensions: 18.7 x 6.6 x 23.5 cm
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,735,279 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Barnhart Concise Dictionary of Etymology Hardcover – 1 Oct 1995
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"A vivid picture of time and place... a thought-provoking and engaging piece of historical fiction""--School Library Journal""Avi is one of our most versatile and prolific children's writers...and this novel is the best thing he's done.""--Booklist" (*Starred Review*)
About the Author
Robert K. Barnhart is a respected lexicographer and author of several dictionaries, including The Barnhart Concise Dictionary of Etymology, the World Book Dictionary, the Thorndlike-Barnhart School Dictionaries and the Barnhart Dictionaries of New English.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com