Barnga: A Simulation Game on Cultural Clashes - 25th Anniversary Edition Paperback – 20 Jul 2006
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Quite simply, Thiagi is the most prolific and creative designer of games and simulations in the world. (Glenn Parker, author of Cross-Functional Teams and Team players and Teamwork)
Thiagi's games are always ingenious, easy to conduct, and open to several learning points. (Mel Silberman, author of Active Training and 101 Ways to Make Training More Active)
When I want to create a learning environment or produce a thoughtful discussion, I turn to Thiagi's games. (Steve Sugar, author of Games That Teach and Games That Teach Teams)
Thiagi's games provide powerful activities that are easily adapted to any learning environment. (Dr. Darryl Sink, President, Darryl Sink & Associates)
There are two types of training-game designers: there is Thiagi and there is the rest of us. (Andy Kimball, President, Qube Learning, LLC)
Thiagi is a master in creating accelerated learning with simulations and games. (Boyd Watkins, President, Interel, Inc.)
Wholly revised to celebrate its 25th anniversary, BARNGA is the classic simulation game for exploring communication challenges across cultures. While playing Barnga, participants experience the shock of realizing that despite their good intentions and the many similarities amongst themselves, people interpret things differently from in profoundly important ways, especially people from differing cultures.See all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Very well-explained and easy to repeat (but not with the same group--there is a bit of a trick involved).
Highly recommended if you teach intercultural studies or have an intercultural classroom. (Although it works just as well with a mono-cultural class.)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Accounting > International
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Careers > Career Guides
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Management Skills > Coaching & Mentoring
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Professional Finance
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > Adult & Continuing Education > Career Guidance
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Lesson planning > Teaching Aids & Educational Material
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Social & Developmental Psychology > Social
- Books > Reference > Language > Communication
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine
- Books > Science & Nature > Reference > Psychology & Psychiatry
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z > Psychiatry
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Psychology Textbooks