Bargaining Theory with Applications Paperback – 21 Aug 2008
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'Professor Muthoo's book covers an enormous literature on the 'alternating offers' model of bargaining that has developed since the publication of Rubinstein's classic paper. The strengths of the book are its clear and rigorous style, the thoroughness of its analysis, and the wealth of illuminating and useful applications of the theory to practical economic problems, which are developed throughout the text. This book could be used as a text for a one-semester graduate course on bargaining theory or game theory; it is also a book that any economic theorist should want to have as a reference.' Douglas Gale, New York University
'Muthoo has done a splendid job of synthesizing the extensive recent literature on bargaining theory. The book is lucid and accessible and contains a wealth of interesting applications. It will be a great resource for advanced undergraduate and graduate students.' Oliver Hart, Harvard University
' … Abhinay Muthoo's book provides an invaluable resource. It will be useful both to game theorists seeking a synthesis of bargaining theory and to economists seeking to apply it to labour, trade, business or other kinds of negotiations.' John McMillan, University of California, San Diego
' … Muthoo impressively demonstrates how bargaining theory can be applied to many important economic problems … Muthoo's book is an excellent starting point for economists who want to contribute to this research … students as well as researchers will benefit from reading this book.' Public Choice
Bargaining Theory with Applications is designed for graduate students, economists and researchers in all the social sciences. It brings together in a unified framework the abstract models of bargaining and presents a range of detailed applications involving economic, political and social situations.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Biographies & Histories > Business & Economic History
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > Econometrics
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > History
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > Labour
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > Theory & Philosophy
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Management Skills > Negotiation
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Professional Finance
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Academic Philosophy