- Enjoy £1.00 reward to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 reward per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Other Sellers on Amazon
Barbra Streisand: Back To Brooklyn [CD and DVD] 
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Filmed and recorded over two nights, the CD and DVD capture the superstar’s celebratory return to her hometown of Brooklyn, New York. The evening marked her first musical performance in her native Brooklyn since she departed at age 16 to pursue her acting career and became one of the most popular and famous musical performers of her time. Back To Brooklyn features nine never previously performed songs by the star in concert. In her own words, the evening is also about “the songs that I love, written by people who I love.” Through their words and music, she pays tribute to her friends Alan & Marilyn Bergman, Jule Styne and Leonard. Tribute is also paid her friend Marvin Hamlisch, who passed away as Barbra was preparing for the concert.
Other highlights include the first ever duet between Barbra and her son Jason Gould, three songs with the extraordinary trumpeter, Chris Botti, and a collaborative performance with the young Italian singing quartet, Il Volo.
The DVD provides biographical video and still photo images of Barbra’s childhood and early career, and the documentary "I Remember Barbra" featuring interviews and anecdotes with people who either knew or remembered Barbra as she was growing up in Brooklyn.
1. Back to Brooklyn / 2. As If We Never Said Goodbye / 3. I Remember Brooklyn (Dialogue) / 4. Nice ‘n’ Easy/That Face / 5. The Way He Makes Me Feel / 6. Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered / 7. Didn’t We / 8. Smile (with Il Volo) / 9. Q & A / 10. Sam, You Made The Pants Too Long / 11. No More Tears (Enough Is Enough) / 12. The Way We Were/Through The Eyes Of Love / 13. Being Good Isn’t Good Enough / 14. Rose’s Turn/Some People/Don’t Rain On My Parade / 15. I Remember Barbra / 16. You’re The Top / 17. What’ll I Do/My Funny Valentine (with Chris Botti) / 18. Lost Inside Of You (with Chris Botti) / 19. Evergreen (Love Theme from A Star Is Born) (with Chris Botti) / 20. Nature Boy (Birthday video performed by Jason Gould) / 21. How Deep Is The Ocean (Duet with Jason Gould) / 22. People / 23. Here’s To Life / 24. Make Our Garden Grow/Somewhere / 25. Some Other Time / 26. Happy Days Are Here Again / 27. This Masquerade (Performed by Jason Gould) / 28. I Remember Barbra Documentary
1. I Remember Barbra #1 / 2. As If We Never Said Goodbye / 3. Nice ‘n’ Easy/That Face / 4. The Way He Makes Me Feel / 5. Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered / 6. Didn’t We / 7. Marvin Hamlisch intro / 8. The Way We Were/Through The Eyes Of Love / 9. Jule Styne intro / 10. Being Good Isn’t Good Enough / 11. Rose’s Turn/Some People/Don’t Rain On My Parade / 12. I Remember Barbra #2 / 13. You’re The Top / 14. What’ll I Do/My Funny Valentine (with Chris Botti) / 15. Lost Inside Of You (with Chris Botti) / 16. Evergreen (Love Theme from A Star Is Born) (with Chris Botti) / 17. Jason Gould intro / 18. How Deep Is The Ocean (Duet with Jason Gould) / 19. People / 20. Here’s To Life intro / 21. Here’s To Life / 22. Make Our Garden Grow / 23. Some Other Time intro / 24. Some Other Time
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
This woman has everything, and is and always be unique and unparalled... It's not even a case of "often imitated, never equaled", because no one can really get close to her! It's not just her SINGING, but Barbra has something in her BLOOD and DNA that created and defined a genre all of her own!
Listening to her, and watching her (even if only on DVD, since her concert tickets are rarer, harder to get and more expensive than a 100 ct flawless diamond, and yet BETTER), do enjoy our Dear Babs.
Just a small note... yes, the album cover photo is HIDEOUS, but given that's Barbra on it, we'll forgive her for the slip up!
The occasion was the first two nights of her world tour beginning in Brooklyn, the place where she was born. She was performing with a 65 piece orchestra conducted by Bill Ross that provided such sparkling arrangements to all the Streisand favourites. From the gorgeous opener "As If We Never Said Goodbye" to the closing anthem "Some Other Time", this is a masterclass in demonstrating the range, sweetness and power of her voice and the total control that she has over it.
In her own words it is a celebration of music that she loves and written by people that she loves. This is the perfect cue for her to deliver stunning performances of the late Marvin Hamlisch's Oscar winning songs "Through The Eyes Of Love" and "The Way We Were" followed by a dramatic reading of Jule Styne's "Being Good Isn't Good Enough".
Of course, no Streisand performance would be complete without another Oscar winner, "Evergreen", from the movie "A Star Is Born" and another Styne classic, a spine tingling "People" from "Funny Girl". Among my own favourites is an enchanting reading of the Jimmy Webb classic, "Didn't We" and a gently swinging Cole Porter delight, "You're The Top".
Other standards include a duet with her gifted son, Jason Gould, singing Irving Berlin's "How Deep Is The Ocean" and "What'll I Do/My Funny Valentine, a Berlin/Rodgers & Hart medley, featuring some superb trumpet from Chris Botti.
These performances are magnificent and, in all senses, this album is a triumph for Barbra Streisand. For the rest of us, it's a celebration of half a century of Streisand magic.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews