on 25 October 2012
Our Barbie only seems to sing one song, no matter what her hair colour/dress! How do we hear another song? Please help. A disappointed birthday girl and mummy

THANKS TO AN AMAZON USER WE NOW HAVE BOTH SONGS! PULL OUT THE TAG AT THE BACK!
44 comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 December 2012
My daughter loves this. Took a while to work out that to change the hair, you need to spin the top of her head.

Also, it comes setup in demo mode, and will sing only one short song. Remove the plastic tab from her lower back, and she will sing a longer song, and switch to the second song when you change her hair.
on 24 October 2012
My daughter adores this doll! She loves to make it sing with the other one and when she watches the movie she has to have them both in her hands! She doesn't get bored as she can change them from Princess to Popstar and back again.
on 21 March 2016
This doll was greeted with delight and played with a lot. The skirt pulls back to expose a shorter, pop star dress underneath. The longer dress is very sparkly and glamorous. The skirt function works very well and was easy for a 3-year old to do. What didn't work so well was the song. When the necklace is pressed it activates one of two songs. Disappointingly, this function failed after a couple of months - hence just three stars.
on 21 January 2015
Amazing. It was better than I expected. I bought them (had to get one each) because the grandchildren love the DVD, and I was impressed that the dolls did what the box said i.e. Sings a song (well, part of it), changes into the popstar by turning the skirt and the hair. The 2 year old was disappointed that the dress does not come off, but it is not designed to do that and it is clearly stated on the box. Good value for money, but compare prices. I have seen them much more expensive than I paid on Amazon.
on 24 March 2014
This doll appeared to be the version that sings and changes from princess to popstar and it did neither! I had to wait three weeks for delivery and when it arrived, I had one very disappointed child! I immediately ordered the same doll from another supplier (for slightly more money) and this was the doll I expected, thank goodness. I was not happy with this doll at all!
on 13 June 2013
I bought this for my 8 year old Niece and she loves it. It is up to the usual Barbie standard and looks lovely. You twist the top of her skull (yuck!) and her hair changes from blonde to pink. Well it doesn't change, it just brings the pink hair to the front and twists the blonde hair round to the back.
She sings 2 songs from the film (Just short clips) which my Niece loves but as any adult knows, is very annoying!
on 28 July 2014
Thought it was pricey for playing only verse of each song, the head when turned , the hair gets all tangled up, but still neutral review since my daughter still like playing with it...she likes pressing the necklace.
on 10 January 2016
Daughter has been a fan of this barbie film for many years now so had her Auntie buy her the doll for her birthday. Even after pulling the hidden tab out of the back and changing hair etc she still only sings one song. ......and badly. 'Princesses wanna have f. ....' according to the second song. Very disappointing for a premium singing barbie doll. Hoping Sister in law can get a credit back for it.
on 11 November 2013
Ordered this for my 3 year old granddaughter's Christmas and I know she will love it as it is very pink and sparkly. Haven't removed it from box so cannot comment on how easy/difficult it is to transform her from Princess to Popstar.

See one answered question