- Audio CD (9 Jun. 2003)
- Number of Discs: 1
- Format: Original recording remastered, Extra tracks
- Label: EMI Records
- ASIN: B00008Y2IX
- Other Editions: Audio CD | Vinyl | MP3 Download
- Average Customer Review: 4.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (12 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 132,121 in Music (See Top 100 in Music)
Bananamour Original recording remastered, Extra tracks
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Our product to treat is a regular product. There is not the imitation. From Japan by the surface mail because is sent out, take it until arrival as 7-14 day. Thank you for you seeing it.
Top Customer Reviews
Although both the band and the material lacked the eccentricity and inspiration of his former outfit, the Whole World, it seemed that these concessions had made him and the band into more of a commercial proposition.
This is also true of this album. The whole affair is very restrained in a rather deliberate and British fashion, and this works to good advantage on some of the numbers, such as the excellent Shouting In A Bucket Blues, which features Steve Hillage on guitar, though at times there are lyrical weaknesses, and whimsical tributes to Syd Barrett and Nico both fail to show real insight into their subjects. Overall, though, this is still a strong and idiosyncratic album. Archie Leggett is allowed a lead vocal on the soully mock-sinister When Your Parents Go To Sleep, with a horn section featuring Howie Casey, and Soft Machine buddy organist Mike Ratledge solos on Interview.
Stardom failed to follow and Kevin's next release was on the Island label.
Of the bonus tracks, the highlight is a reggae reworking of old favourite Clarence In Wonderland, recorded with the band Greyhound, under the title Connie On A Rubber Band.
UK released June 2003 - "Bananamour" by KEVIN AYERS on EMI 07243-582780-2-6 (Barcode 724358278026) is an 'Expanded' CD Remaster and breaks down as follows (52:34 minutes):
1. Don't Let It Get You Down
2. Shouting In A Bucket Blues
3. When Your Parents Go To Sleep
5. International Anthem
6. Decadence [Side 2]
7. Oh! Wot A Dream
9. Beware Of The Dog
Tracks 1 to 9 are the album "Bananamour" released May 1973 in the UK on Harvest SHVL 807
10. Connie On A Rubber Band - non-album track, B-side of "Oh Wot A Dream" - a UK 7" single issued November 1972 on Harvest HAR 5064
11. Decadence - a Previously Unreleased 'Early Mix' - recorded 15 December 1972
12. Take Me To Tahiti - non-album track, B-side of a 7" single released April 1973in the UK on Harvest HAR 5071
13. Caribbean Moon - non-album track, A-side of "Take Me To Tahiti"
The remaster has been carried out with the Artist's approval by PETER MEW at Abbey Road - and what a sonic winner this is.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Good to have a CD as well as vinyl copy. A great album - sad that he is no longer with us.Published on 14 Oct. 2013 by mike majendie
I have this on original vinyl and love it. I bought this cd so that I could play it easily in my studio and office. Ayers is brilliant here!Published on 20 Jun. 2013 by STEPHEN W
This is british folk rock a bit tame for me why five stars well im not into folk rock but theres a couple of tracks that i liked and im not going to hit on a gernre im not into as... Read morePublished on 10 April 2013 by alan
I have re-discovered the work of this charming eccentric english musician.
I have some of his albums on vinyl , but will be replacing them on the cd, maybe cassette to!