on 2 April 2009
Bruce Dickinson is one of my favourite singers of all time (overshadowed only by the metal god itself - Rob Halford from Judas Priest).

Balls to Picasso was his first album after the departure from Iron Maiden - and it has a very unique groove. It is his first collaboration with Roy Z. (and his Band Of Gypsies) - and I personally think that in this album Roy Z's contribution is mostly shown.
I love most of the songs in this album, but I've got to say that my favourite songs from this album are Change Of Heart and The Tears Of The Dragon (a song originally written by Bruce in 1986 as Tears of Pendragon, but rejected by the band - then, in 1994, the lyrics was changed and referred about his time with Iron Maiden).

The DVD-Audio features a great mix which sounds great with the right speakers. It's like Bruce Dickinson is paying a personal visit in your own hourse. The guitars and the singing are very clear, and the mix is very... emotional ? (especially on the songs I mentioned).

A must to every die-hard Maiden fan, of course, but I do think that it's a great rocker on it's own.