- Paperback: 272 pages
- Publisher: Vermilion (5 July 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0091947588
- ISBN-13: 978-0091947583
- Product Dimensions: 17.9 x 1.5 x 22.8 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.1 out of 5 stars See all reviews (16 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 81,624 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Ballet Beautiful Paperback – 5 Jul 2012
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Mary Helen's technique allows anyone to achieve the long, toned physique of a dancer." (Natalie Portman)
"I adore Mary Helen Bowers: she knows how to make ordinary women look like ballerinas. She's the real deal." (Zooey Deschanel)
"Mary Helen Bowers is wonderful!" (Liv Tyler)
"Nothing – or no one – has transformed my body the way Mary Helen Bowers’ Ballet Beautiful program has." (Kristina O’Neill, executive editor, Harper’s Bazaar)
"Shows off a celebrity fitness trend that could just be the next Pilates." (Publishers Weekly)
The fitness and lifestyle plan to gain the body of a dancer from Natalie Portman's trainer for Black SwanSee all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
1. The Ballet Beautiful Mindset - This section sets out the premise behind Ballet Beautiful and how Mary Helen came up with the program. It pays attention to the importance of having a healthy, positive mindset in your daily life.
2. The Ballet Beautiful Program - This section has the complete classic 60 minute Ballet Beautiful workout with explanations of the individual exercises and photographs to guide you. There are also 4 separate 15 minute 'Blasts' which work different areas of the body as well as information about useful stretches.
3. The Ballet Beautiful Lifestyle - This section explores the concept of healthy eating and the importance of taking care of your body by making sensible choices. It also gives guidance on how often to complete the workouts and how to make time for yourself using the Ballet Beautiful method. Some easy recipes are included in this section too but it is important to note that there is no prescribed eating plan here. Its all about health!
This is a challenging program for individuals of any fitness level. There are modifications for beginners and for those who are more advanced. The book also stands up to being re-read if you need a little extra motivation now and then. One of the best things about the program is the variety of movement and the ability to mix and match workouts to suit your own aims.Read more ›
Mary Helen appears to be such a beautiful dancer (the title is very apt) however the photography is poor, black and white, along the lines of books that were sold in the 90's.
We expect wonderful colour photographs in new book releases, but the standard of these made the overall impact very second rate and not at all inspiring.
Such a shame - this book could have been quite outstanding visually, but its a missed opportunity. If I had seen this on the shelves I definitely would not have purchased.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Touch phone ordered the item by mistake. Didn't want it and don't want to read itPublished 5 months ago by London
This book is great in conjunction with the DVD, as it gives you other exercises not on the DVD and also an eating plan which is very good.Published 12 months ago by YellowKanga
Not as expected, the pictures inside are in black and white. The ballet demonstrations are weak as dance movements and exercises.
Bought for my 11 year old who does ballet. She is practising stretches and using recipes on the book. Good buy.Published on 1 July 2014 by Er