- Paperback: 288 pages
- Publisher: Repeater (19 May 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1910924105
- ISBN-13: 978-1910924105
- Product Dimensions: 12.4 x 1.3 x 19.8 cm
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 311,901 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Ballerina and the Bull Paperback – 19 May 2016
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Johanna Isaacson s book is a vital testament to the fragile utopias that inhabit our precarious present. Exploring the 'expressive negations' of punk through the 80s and 90s, Isaacson beautifully reconstructs the prehistory of current revolts in these attempts to rupture the banality of capitalist life. The Ballerina and the Bull is a salutary call to refuse calls to 'maturity' and 'realism, ' which sanction things as they are, and instead to return to those supposedly 'childish' refusals, which are our real utopias." --Benjamin Noys, author of Malign Velocities"
About the Author
Johanna Isaacson teaches at the University of California, Santa Cruz and Cabrillo College. Her work on politics and aesthetics in contemporary literature, DIY culture, social movements, and cinema has appeared in Criticism, Liminalities, Counterpunch, Reconstruction, Viewpoint, Lana Turner, Cesura//Acceso, and Blind Field.
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com