Balanchine: A Biography Paperback – 21 Nov 1996
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"The most readable and reliable introduction to the sphinxlike Russian who inspired his own brand of balletomania from the Diaghilev era to the present day."--Marcia B. Siegel, "Washington Post Book World
From the Back Cover
Written with wit, insight, and candor, this updated edition of Balachine is a book that will delight lovers of biography as well as those with a special interest in dance. For this edition the author has added a thoughtful yet dramatic account of the working out of Balachine's legacy, from the making of his controversial will to the present day.See all Product Description
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
If you like or are curious about Balanchine, READ THIS BOOK!
The book can be a bit dry at times, but this book is more for college reading and is invaluable for anybody studying the history of dance or of Mr. B. I recommend it highly, but it is not a fast read. But you'll come away with knowing a lot more about the genius that was Mr. B.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Film, Television & Music > Music > Classical Music
- Books > Biography > Science, Mathematics & Technology > Science
- Books > Biography > Theatre & Performance Art > Ballet
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Music > Styles > Classical Music > Ballet
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Performing Arts > Dance > Ballet
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Performing Arts > Dance > Classical
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > Drama
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology