TOP 500 REVIEWERon 10 December 2014
Easy to follow with clear explanation and great recipes. This is the second book I've bought from the Artisan Bakery authors and I'm impressed. They're filled with tips that help to understand how to bake truly outstanding bread and why things may go wrong. There's a recipe in this volume for a great sourdough 'starter'. It keeps well for days in the fridge, so there's no need to bake every day if it's not convenient.
on 28 September 2014
I already made my own bread but it tended to be a bit hit or miss. After reading this book I realised my main fault was to over prove. I have just taken a loaf out of the oven after taking their advice on board and am very impressed. The rise is better and more even. Thank you for a very well written book that gives clear guidance to successful baking.
on 13 October 2014
Definitely worth reading for me, I found tips to improve my bread making and possible reasons for failed loaves in the past. well written and easy to follow I think anyone interested in improving ther baking would find this book useful.
on 21 September 2014
I love sourdough but have failed miserably in my attempts to make it - UNTIL NOW! This is a step by step guide which leads through the different stages and gives time plans so you can fit it into your own schedule. I did have a great hands on class with Dragan and Penny but this book will keep me on the right track for my sourdough future baking and is explicit enough for someone to follow even without a course
on 26 February 2015
This is a wonderful guide to making sourdough bread. The 'science' behind making good bread is explained in a very clear way to aid understanding of the bread making process. The recipes are delicious and easy to adapt with other ingredients. If you get the chance take a course with Penny and Dragan at The Artisan Bakery School - you will not regret it.
on 3 February 2014
A very informative introduction to the world of sourdough baking... Easy to follow but even better when combined with tuition face to face with Penny and Dragan at their bakery school! First discovered the Artisan Bakery School in Sparkwell while booking a B&b near to the Treby Arms, where we went to enjoy Masterchef food at the home of the Ginger Chef... And ended staying for an enjoyable and informative day developing my skills as a baker...! Highly recommended as a book, as an opportunity to develop a life skill or just as a place to stay for the night
on 17 May 2014
This pair just write the most amazing books, thank you Dragan and Penny for your clear instructions and easy to understand format, just the right amount of information. Have just bought your woodfired oven book so off to build myself a pizza firing place ready to enjoy this summer - thank you!
on 26 June 2016
I love this book. I like the simplicity of explanations. It changed the way I baked. I am no slave to my bread baking. Just putting the dough in the fridge and continue my life. I also bake other breads such as ciabatta (not included in this book) using the same principles from this book. I prepare the leaven for ciabatta from my starter and use only this sourdough starter when baking not adding any shop bought yeast. They all turn out to be great breads.
on 1 March 2015
Understanding the complexities of making sourdough can be daunting but thank goodness here is a book that cuts through the nonsense and lays out the facts. If you are a newby to the process get the paper edition as you do need to keep referring back and forward,never easy with doughy hands. Even better go on a course with Penny and Dragan. You learn so much and eating the results will ensure you will never buy a supermarket loaf again
on 5 July 2015
I love this sourdough bread! There is no dry yeast in the recipes. They are pure, sourdough breads, using a 100% natural wild yeast leaven, and the methods work beautifully. The loaves are truly artisan in look, taste and texture. Give this book a try, you won't regret it. Very enjoyable!