on 20 June 2017
After unpacking it, I had to pause to read the book and now I do not know which recipe I want to start first with my children since they all seem nice and easy to follow. The delivery was few days early and the whole thing was really cheap.It was second hand but there is no sign of it being used at all. Excellent second hand. Now, I will only look for second hand and mostly from this seller.
on 15 October 2011
Bought this for my lovely 40+year old step daughter who can cook beautifully, but had never mastered the art of baking. She has made almost everything in it, and now bakes for her family on a regular basis. None of the cakes stay in the cake box for long, so would recomend this for anyone, not just the beginners
on 11 January 2014
A xmas present for my dad who is learning to bake. Came quickly considering ordered so near to xmas and has very good content-a whole variety of different things to bake, and a very reasonable price too!
on 26 September 2011
I collect baking books. And this one has a lot of pages, beautiful pictures that show you - if necessary - picture by picture how to make it and what the result should look like. There were lots of classic recipes in here, but also little gems that surprised me. I tried the spritz cookie recipe and it tasted great.
on 28 June 2016
Ok
on 13 November 2011
Good expalations of processes, how to line tins, equipment etc. Very useful little book for beginners. The instructions are easy to follow
on 4 May 2013
I'm hardly a beginner, but having accumulated many baking books over the years, I have to say this a little gem! The recipes are easy to follow and the results - positively perfect. The lemon drizzle cake is a firm favourite, though I must admit that I add a filling of mascarpone and lemon curd to give it that extra touch of perfection. Other favourits are the Marmalade Loaf cake, the Bread & Butter Pudding and the Honey & Banana Tea Bread.
It's such a comprehensive book fully guiding the beginner through the different techniques used and giving advice on equipment. I now find I'm using it far more that any of the other recipe books I have!
on 23 November 2014
A Brilliant Baking Book for Beginners! Compact and easy to read. Every cake I tried was a winner with the grandchildren.
on 9 September 2013
My partner has found this book really helpful and easy to follow and has made several cakes already would recommend
on 19 August 2015
My son wanted to start baking after being inspired by Bake off. This is an easy to follow book that provides all the recipes and instructions you need to start off