Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Tokio Myers Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

on 17 April 2004
With no doubt this is the best compilation from Mr. Challe. Les Bains Douches is full of great moments that reflect the multicultural vibes of the world. He puts together arabian, brazilian, jazzy and even trancy tracks without missing the essence of the mix, both CD's ("Restaurant" the chill out one, and "Dancefloor" the name says it all), keep your atention. My favourites on "Restaurant" are Moodswings - Spiritual High (what a great begining!!!), Coldcut - Autum Leaves (really a classic in a moody and smooth version), Miro - Emotions Of Paradise (pumping and relaxing at the time), Rachid Taha - Ya Rayah (traditional and mistique) and Dave Stewart & Candy Dulfer - Lily Was Here (smoothy, melodic and sexy); my favourites on "Dancefloor" are Electra - Autum Love (preparing you for the rhytm), Baby Buddah Heads - Latin Joint (ritmo sabroso y caliente), T.C. - 1992, Funky Guitar (heating up the beat with a touch of deep house and minimalfunk) and Faithless -Insomnia (this tone needs no reference... dance-master-piece!!!). Les Bains Douches is defenitly the BEST from Mr. Challe, it is a compilation that brings back the truly spirit of chill out music, a spirit we are missing these days with the release of compilations with no sense of relaxing, class or emotional mood. Thaks to Claude Challe for this reedition of his master piece!!!
Alejandro Larios
Guadalajara, Mex.
on 17 January 2005
I agree with other reviewers that this is a great CD from Claude Challe, however, I wouldn't go as far to say that it is his best work to date. I still prefer Buddha Bar 1 and/or Nirvana Lounge 1 & 2. That said, I do still strongly think that this is one of the better mix CD's of his. It's great to hear the Balearic classic that is the Moodswings full version of Spiritual High, easing you nicely, to a great chill out first half of the double CD. The only track that I am not keen on is Candy Duffy and Dave Stewart, and that is only because I am not a big fan of the sax!
The second half, more up tempo CD is my prefered choice. I love the intro and steady build up of 60 Seconds. It has some all time classic, which I wouldn't associate with Challe, as I would say, with something that Ministry of Sound churning out, however they are good all the same. Tunes like Insominia, and Afroleft. But it his ability to choose such seemingly random tunes and make they flow smoothly, (like they were meant for each other) that makes Claude Challe a breath of fresh air!