on 18 April 2009
Simple designs with very clear instructions. If you're new to bag making then this is a good starting point. If you already have this book and liked it then don't do what I did, I recently bought what I thought was another book by Dorothy Wood which goes under the title "Simply Stylish Bags" with a different cover design. It's actually exactly the same book but the US version from 2006. I'm usually pretty good at spotting this kind of devious marketing but I fell for this one.
11 Comment| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 20 January 2008
To all you beaders out there. What a cracking book. It's one of those must open, must read, must try books. I got it and immediately when I got home set to work. Instructions are clear and easy to follow. I am facinated by the designs for the crackers and the table decorations. I have made one of them and looking forward to making others. Not as fiddly as some of the other works I have recommended in the past and it is easy to see your progress. These designs are great for your own Christmas decorations or to pass on to loved ones (who will appreciate the time and effort involved).
on 1 February 2014
I love this bead book. Great for beginners as everything is explained, illustrated and played out clearly.
The usual sources, address of supplies in the book.
I find this book very inspiring and I've already made pieces with my own adaptations.
I recommend this book because I think it is unusual.
on 17 September 2014
A great book, full of interesting and creative ideas for Christmas. This book has lots of projects, but is also good as an inspiration book.
on 11 May 2017
Lovely book quick delivery bargain price
on 11 December 2009
A fantastically inspiring book. Very clear instructions with lots of fab pictures to get those creative juices going. Highly recomend as something for all age groups & ideal for ispiration for making Gifts
on 24 November 2011
I ordered this book mainly because in the Preview Pages there were some stunning snowflakes. Now that I have the book, I realise that you have to buy pre-made frames for the snowflakes. As I don't live in the UK but in the Netherlands these are very difficult (and expensive) to get (I just ordered them on eBay). I would have liked alternatives to make your own snowflake wires.

Also I do miss some clear patters - meaning you will have to flip forwards/ backwards all the time when making the items. The three tealights for example have 1 clear diagram for the bottom part of the tealight, but then you will have to follow the pictures to finish it off. The other 2 tealights have only word descriptions. This will work very well if you are an experienced beader, but if you are not a pro (and the title Simply Sparkling does suggest a bit Simple) it will be daunting.

The Star Crackers (these are bead stars and hearts to decorate Christmas Crackers) are absolutely lovely and would be great in a X-mas tree as well, but again there is no diagram -for the fairy and chicken (sorry, Robin!) there is which makes it a more approacheable project for me.

I do like the clear list of Ingredients though, and the details in the back are also handy.

I will surely make some of the designs, but will draw the diagrams/ patterns first - which will not be difficult to do - but I would have loved detailed diagrams at the back of the book, where there are templates for other projects
on 7 January 2009
This is a lovely book, full of many different types of beading projects in wide variety of styles and colours, something for everyone!
on 24 November 2010
This book is very direct and the patterns are beautiful. I very clearly made out how I can make flowers from seed beads. All projects can be made quite easily.
I enjoyed it very much especially now that it is christmas.
on 11 January 2007
The book cover states '18 stunning designs for all occasions'. Well there are a variety of different styles here, all very simple & perfectly acceptable but as far as my own personal taste goes, not one of them is anything close to 'stunning', nor was there anything in here to inspire me. Having said that, the book is nicely laid out with clear photography & easy to follow practical instructions including how to fit various types of handles. If you already have a stack of craft patterns from the large paper pattern companies then you probably already have most of what is in this book.
11 Comment| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse