on 13 January 2012
My son was looking for (yet another) bag to take his books to and from school. He has used various rucksacks over the years, but even the costly ones have fallen apart within a year of use and to be honest, have not been able to adequately hold the number of books he seems to need to take. This time he said that he wanted a messenger-style bag, and not being prepared to pay the £40 for the "trendy" one that he wanted, I saw this and decided that for the price (and due to good experience with Bagbase products in the past), that this was worth a go.
Now - it has only been a week so far, but, it's the first time that I've not felt that that his bag was straining at the seams under the weight/size of the books and folders. So, initial impressions are very good. Will update on durability. Watch this space!

Aprl 2012 - I continue to be impressed by this bag. Not only has it survived 2 school terms, but there has yet to be a single day when it has not coped with the size or weight of the books that for some reason need to be carried to and from school each day. Given the price of this bag compared to previous purchases for this purpose (including a pretty expensive rucksack), I would be more than happy to buy another one of these - even if it broke next week.

July 2012 - Just adding ditto to the above comments. Now survived 6 months of daily school grind and it still looks good, has held together and has not been unable to hold any amount or size of required school books. I wish I'd found this years ago - it would have saved me a small fortune!

Jan 2013 - My final review for this bag. I have just replaced it (with the same bag) after 1 full year of use (including being taken on holidays; school trips and many weekends). Replaced more because it was looking quite tired and scrappy - but will still be able to be used.
127 people found this helpful
|44 Comments|Report abuse
on 27 April 2012
As a student, I found this bag great for school. It fits all of my stuff, primarily due to base which is wider than the top, unlike most bags which get narrower.
This is the only messenger bag I have found to fit all of my school books, and it seems more durable than the others so I think it can cope with the stress, if not I will update this review. Since buying, a lot of my friends have bought the same bag, and the variety of colours makes it a great choice.
All in all a great buy and for a great price, the only thing I would say is there is a plastic section in the middle which is used to split the main compartment, which I have no use for. I push this plastic to the back and there is no problem, so not really a negative at all, just a feature which I find unnecessary.

Edit: 8 months on this bag is still going strong, leaving me a very happy customer. Worthwhile purchase and highly recommended.
8 people found this helpful

2- High quality feel that is very comfortable with heavy loads
3- Waterproof and flexible
4- Holds very well with regular use

Improvements:
1- When the bag has not got many items inside, it can be difficult to take them out if they slide to one side (This is not a major issue)

If you found my review useful, please mark it as helpful. If anyone has any questions, please do leave a comment to my review and I'll get back to you.
2 people found this helpful
on 2 January 2017
My son needed the bag to secondary school to manage PE set, homework folder and some books too. As a properly sized bag it was good one but it was enough just for 3 months. The quality is not very impressive and after 2 months there were visible perforations in it's sides but we did not expect anything else for that cheap price
One person found this helpful
on 20 August 2014
Buying this bag is a bit of a lottery. I bought one for my son to use for school and it lasted from September til June, which wasn't bad for the price. So I bought a second one, but this broke within the first 4 weeks. In both cases the zipper broke. I contacted the seller, who refused to replace the bag as it had already been used. If you are happy to pay £10 for 4weeks' use, then buy one, but I personally think you would get more use from a 10p carrier bag.
4 people found this helpful
on 26 March 2016
This bag was to be a nappy bag for my twin sons. It houses enough nappies, wipes, nappy bags and spare clothig to last 3 very messy changes with a lot of room to spare. I can even pack 2 travel drinking cups and a litre bottle of water with everything aforementioned in tow. It has a front zip and an inside zip to house other goodies such as creams or dummies.

When they grow up it can be used for anything else as well.
on 8 September 2016
Arrived today, daughter loves it. She will be using it for school.
As per numerous other reviews and reason I had purchased this bag was that it is made of good quality. Certainly feels strong and is very comfortable. Thanks: )
One person found this helpful
on 22 January 2016
For the price a steal really...good quality and should last . I placed some cardboard up the side and bent over the floor of the bag to give it a bit more firmness and it works a treat ...keeping its shape even better now as material is quite light but a bit of structure improved its shape keeping properties.
on 28 February 2011
At last, a shoulder bag that is big enough for both personal use and occasional shopping. This really is a big shoulder bag, loads of room, ideal for my SLR camera equipment plus room for extras. The strap for a change can be adjustable to fit even very big people, like me, with a 50 inch chest and large thick storm jacket. It is very comfortable in use, and feels very strong with a good zip. It also looks very smart.
6 people found this helpful
on 29 September 2015
I have had this bag for around 2 years and am only just changing to a new one which I think explains enough. For a bag at such a low price range it has actually been very durable which is one of the main things I'm looking for in a bag. There was also a lot of room for me to put some stuff etc.

A small negative is that if you have a laptop it might jab against the side of your leg which can be mildly painful.