Size: O/S|Colour: Purple|Change
Price:£6.20+ £1.15 shipping

on 28 August 2011
I must say that I absolutely love the quality of the bag, the quickness of the delivery (2 days) and the size of the bag. Nevertheless,nothing bad so far. I brought this bag for my little brother due to school starting soon and he can fit an impressing amount of notepads and books. 5/5 stars, I recommend this product to anyone looking for a shoulder bag for school.
on 13 November 2010
As a new uni student, I was looking for an off-the-shoulder bag to carry my books to lectures and seminars, a twenty minute walk down (and the back up!) a hill, several times a day. After looking in the local shops and recoiling at the price (I am a poor student after all!) I decided to give the internet a try.

The bag in question arrived with no faults, was a gorgeous colour (I chose the light blue version), and a perfect size for books. It can just about fit a 15" laptop in it too, if you prefer to use new technology. The plastic buckle that allows you to change the strap length is reasonably sturdy but I think any excessively heavy useage will cause it to snap. However, for the price, a very good buy.
11 Comment| 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 January 2011
I wanted a shoulder bag big enough to supplement my small rucksack for a week away from home and small enough to use for work.

A bit bigger than a large messenger style bag, but with a much larger capacity this is the perfect size.

I wasn't entirely sure about the retro-style when I ordered it, but it's a little bigger than I imagined (no bad thing) and the matt canvas look works well so that it doesn't shout 'look at me!' At least I hope not.

Of much more importance to me is its functionality.

I went away for Xmas for a week and had my clothes in my small rucksack. In my new shoulder bag, I managed to comfortably fit a small netbook, Kindle, flask and large cup, various cables and chargers, proper headphones (not earphones), compact camera, a notepad, some small gifts, a large toiletries bag, cuddly toy. OK, I confess, the cuddly toy had to stay at home.

The main compartment of the bag has a tall and firm divider so that you can keep a laptop and/or a folder full of papers in it. The other side seems to kind of expand the more you put in it, so even if you only carry a few things around with you, it doesn't look over-sized. There's also a much smaller inside zip compartment useful for storing keys, wallet or something of that size.

The outer zip pocket is useful for keeping your mobile device, camera, notepad, travel tickets and other smaller items that you might want to access quickly and easily.

Although I haven't used it for this purpose yet, it would be great to use for something like going swimming, too.

For the price, style (and choice of colours), size and functionality I think you'd be hard-pressed to find anything better.
11 Comment| 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 April 2015
Buying this bag has to be one of my most genius moments of the year.

This bag can hold A LOT. And being a girl I need a bag that can hold A LOT.

My bag has so far seen multiple trips to and from work, a weekend away for a special event, has been partially trapped in the tube doors, slapped a child round the head, and has even seen a long haul flight and survived.

It is an all round everyday/weekend/school/holiday "I'll carry everything you've got, bring it on" bag.

The front pocket has tons of space (which has also attributed to a few missing smaller items such as earbuds, small coins and that packet of tissues you keep on hand for no reason). The adjustable strap is comfortable but filling this bag to the brim may cause a bit of "digging". The main compartment as a lot of space, for a lot items including a laptop, a book, a diary, a spare pair of shoes, clean uniform, and a very large purse with space to spare. The zips are a bit loud and opening the bag in public will sound like you just ripped your jeans (or let a very loud one out). There is even a smaller pocket inside the main compartment for your more valuable items.

This bag I have also learnt is a great way to bully your way into a packed train at 0830 in the morning and is an excellent "aggresive little person" blocker. This is a large bag after all.

I have been using this bag for 6 months and I have yet to signs of wear, tear or damage to this bad boy. For the price you pay for other retro bags with popular name brands emblazoned along the front like some kind of heraldic scream this bag does a much better job and for less money.
Buy this if you want to annoy your fellow commuters, buy this if you need the extra space, buy this if your wallet does a runner every time you look at the name brands. This bag is your ally
on 25 August 2011
I brought the light blue messenger bag from here and was delighted with the size when it arrived. As a student it's essential I can carry all of my foulders and files with me, and after putting 2 X A4 ringbinder foulders in it along with 2 notepads, my pencil case AND a drink, I still had room! It's a fantastic size, with front pocket and small internal zipper pocket ideal for your phone, filofax etc. The colour of the blue material is divine, but I was disappointed with the piping, unlike the picture the piping is actually cream, not white, giving a slightly dirty appearence. Unlike a couple of reviews below, i dont find that the bag sags or is mis-shapen if it isn't entirely full. The strap is strong and Im sure will be very durable, and although isnt padded for comfort, isn't any more uncomfortable than a regular backsack in my opinion.
Overall, fantastic bag for the price and great quality, just a shame about the colour of the piping.
on 19 August 2012
Bought the bag for school. I'm doing my GCSEs so need a bag to carry all of my books around in. The colour is nice and it looks quite cool (I got the burgundy one). Only downside is it's really wide. I didn't quite realise how big 18cm would actually be... it's really big. It you need a big bag then this is perfect, but I have a locker at school so I don't need one quite as big as this.
on 10 October 2011
My son is very particular about his school bag; first and foremost, it has to be cool. Unfortunately, his idea of cool is never functional. Cool is far too small for all the books he accumulates (never clears out his bag of items no longer needed..), lunch pack, bottle of water and PE kit with sports shoes. There is NO WAY he would consider a sensible backpack or sports bag. He is only interested in the DUNLOP/FRED PERRY type retro shoulder bags. It's not that he's interested in the label; he just wants the retro shape.

This bag ticks all his boxes AND all of mine. I would like to thank the person who designed this bag from the bottom of my heart! It is tardis-like in its capacity, mainly because it is WIDE at the base. If you are a mum who tears her hair out each morning attempting to fit everything into an impossibly small-but-apparently-cool bag, this will make your life just that little bit easier.

PS: I've tried getting my son to pack the impossibly small bag himself, but find that essential items are left behind........
on 18 February 2012
This bag arrived within 2 days of placing my order which was great the only thing i would say is the picture makes it look shiny which it isn't, so not quite what my son wanted but my daughter loves it so didn't matter.
on 22 March 2012
I bought this bag for my daughter, this is what she has to say:

"I ordered this bag because lots of people at my school have one in the similar style. It was very good delivery, it arrived 2 days after i ordered it. It is comfortable, adjustable and big enough for everything i need in school.I got the red and white version, and it is a lovely bright colour. However it isn't the same as the one I ordered. I got this one instead:[...]
It is nice all the same, but not what I ordered. Lovely colour, comfortable, especially for the money. Another point is it is canvas, not leather like many of the bags like superdry. But the main thing is it is comfortable, big, easy to carry around and a bag!"
on 25 February 2012
I absolutely love this bag.
Me and my partner are going away for a short break, and I wanted a bag which was comfortable and big enough to hold all of mine (and his) stuff for when we are out.

The bag is MASSIVE! I put all of my bag contents in it and it still looked empty.

It's a really good quality back for such a cheap price.
Might even be buying more in different colours!

See one answered question