Format: Paperback|Change

on 8 April 2012
As a big fan of Locke's work, I always look forward to his latest work and I was not disappointed with 'Bad Doctor'.All of his heroes are thoroughly 'bad eggs' but always with one redeeming trait and the Bad Doctor saves lives when all others have failed,which allows him(in the readers eyes) to get away with murder!The plot moves along at a breakneck speed,as usual never allowing us to catch our breath, and surprise is stacked on surprise and to be honest I had to take frequent breaks from reading it to recover from the constant surprises he springs on us.In order to avoid spoiling others enjoyment by giving away the plot,I will say to John Locke-where was Emmett Love?
on 27 May 2013
A brilliant read from start to finish. I like the way the main characters from other series make guest appearances.Mr Locke has a new fan in me,easy to understand why he has sold so many e books.Please keep up this standard,well done.
on 2 July 2012
Yet again, John Locke has produced one of those 'can't put it down' ,forget to breathe, all consuming addictive novels. Written in a similar style to the Donovan creed series, I found myself totally absorbed into the character and was with him every step of the journey. I just hope I never have to be treated by him! 5 star recommended read.
on 13 July 2012
Love, love, love John Locke! I love the way he brings in all the old favourite characters, and introduces you to wonderful new ones.. Like this naughty doctor. I would also like to see more of the conjoined twin contract killers.. Just wonderful!
I just wish he could clone himself so we could get more books.
on 12 January 2014
There's much to like about this book. It's my first foray into John Locke's work and I must say I thoroughly enjoyed it. Humour, intrigue, murder, sex. What more can you ask for?

The (anti)hero of this book is a doctor who can save lives that other surgeons cannot. He's the port of last resort for lost causes and consistently pulls off the impossible in the operating theatre. However, redeeming characteristics pretty much stop there, you think. He has some thoroughly bad habits that get him into all sorts of trouble and his life is put well and truly at risk. I'll say no more..

As you may be able to discern, I liked this book. As a humorous book it made me laugh. As a thriller it put me on the edge of my seat and, despite his almost complete lack of redeeming qualities, you find yourself rooting for the bad doctor of the title. I think perhaps it's because there's a part of us that wishes we could do as we please without worrying about it being against the law or having any repercussions and this pampers to this side of us.

It is, though a ripping yarn. Ingenious in parts for sure and I guarantee you'll enjoy reading this book.
on 3 January 2013
One of the best opening few pages to a book that i've read and it immediately hooks you in. The twists and turns throw this story one way and then the other so you never really know whats going to happen. I loved the concept of this doctor and the writing was smooth and witty-- hope there's more to come from this Doctor. Without doubt one of the best reads i've come across for a long time- it's difficult to know where there's a convenient time for a break with this book as you're alwayswondering what twist will come next.
on 5 October 2014
Dear John,
You have manipulated material in an interesting and crazy manner - probably as intended - but the whole story begs the question of 'how clever are you really?'
Basically you provide cheap, poorly written junk to the plebs at low prices and of insulting quality.
The only saving grace is that you managed to avoid much of the bad language which constantly occurs in books of this type.
I hope you are able to continue churning out this rubbish because it is actually fun!
on 4 February 2014
The book is about a psychopathic heart surgeon who has a god complex, holds an indefinite grudge, has a chip on his shoulder and too much money.
He likes to relieve stress by breaking and entering and then stealing others' identities, with somewhat unpleasant consequences.
I didn't like him, or any of the other characters in the book and I didn't care what actions he used to cause mayhem and murder, whether intentionally or unintentionally.
I did persevere to the end, but the end was very rushed and it was a case of oh good, that's it, as I really didn't care that he carried on exactly as he previously had.
I suppose you might habe hoped that he learned from his mistakes, but alas not.
on 5 November 2015
Terrible...only read a few chapters...like some middle aged mans fantasy of how to manipulate people mainly younger women for sex. Its someone with a chip in their shoulder cos they didnt get enough when they were younger.
on 30 August 2015
Was a bit dubious about this collection just by the pics on the cover, having read all John Locke's books I gave it a go & loved it maybe not as much as his other collections but managed to get through book 1 & 2 in a day