on 15 December 2012
I initially came across this album because I was looking for the 1998 Garage Remix of Kele Le Roc's "My Love". When I looked at the track listing for this, I saw some really nice classics on there and purchased it.

On ripping this CD to FLAC (Lossless format), I first noticed that the tracks seemed to be in very low quality audio (probably transcoded to a bit-rate of 96K/bs MP3, bad time stretching or anything that would affect the integrity of the audio before being burned to CD) which for a major distributor like Ministry Of Sound should be a really big issue and something not to do. As a result of this, it sounds horrible and there is no high end on ANY of the tracks which is beyond lame.

The mixing was really bad and just seemed to be tracks going into each other with no substance or thought of what tracks suit and fit together, an example of this would be one of the songs on the album came on after a bass heavy track to a piercing hi hat which is quite unpleasant.

To add insult to injury, the Kele Le Roc song wasn't even the one I wanted; it was a really bad auto-tune garbage remix which isn't old school at all, it actually came out in 2008.

There were some good songs on this album, but that's not going to salvage how bad this waste of money is. I'd sell it for a penny, but I don't want to inflict this terrible hunk of junk on anyone else. I won't be buying anything else from Ministry Of Sound again, not after this horrible sham of a compilation.
on 2 June 2012
I'd just left school and begun sixth form when garage was in its infancy, then during uni the garage vibe was in full flow, and this takes me straight back to those good ol' days!

Track after track, the CD reminds you why MoS are to club compilations as marantz is to CD players - the last word.

Upon inserting disc 1 and hearing Shola Ama's 'Imagine', I had the biggest smile on my face and that smile remains throughout the compilation.

If you were really into garage or can only reel off a few tunes just buy this CD, for under a tenner delivered you won't be disappointed!
on 6 June 2012
Bought this as used to be a massive garage fan and it didn't dissapoint. Great old skool tunes well mixed. Excellent for grooving along to in the car and feeling 16 again!
on 31 May 2013
One of my favourite CDs to listen to at any time. Songs flow smoothly into eachother yet no two songs are too similar.
on 12 August 2012
This album takes me back to the days of when I was younger and a bit of a rebel.

For the amount of tracks on here compared to money spent - i'd definitely recommend it!
on 4 June 2012
Excellent, Excellent, Excellent, what more can I say.......One of the best albums I have owned in years. From the moment this album arrived at my door it has been nonstop playing. Its a complete collection of all those tunes you either bought on another mixed album (just for that one tune)and all those you never got around to purchasing as you had no more room in the CD rack. This is definetely one of the Ministry's best ever albums and recommended for all music lovers....you'll not regret it.
on 6 July 2012
Wow.... Garage that I remember is now 'Old Skool'.... guess that means I'm officially passed my prime. Not like some of the tunes on this album. Artful Dodger, Doolally, Kristine blond hearing them again and I'm transported back to an age where Nokia phones were cool, where going out involved me dousing myself in Tommy Hilfiger and traipsing off to Bagleys and Turnmills.
on 2 August 2012
These classic old skool garage tracks will never get to old for me being a UKG lover.
But if you have a lot of garage CDs its probably not worth getting if you all ready have these tracks but I do think EZ is great.
on 17 December 2012
Dome of the songs on this album are awesome but i hate ministry of sound. Some arent even garage. Would advise luck and neats albums instead for a taste of the old skool garage
on 25 April 2012
this is a good ministry of sound album with all the classics that you hear on the radio i have this music playing quietly in the background while i revise for exams ect...
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse