on 19 March 2018
Absolutely right flour! Just using water and this wonderful flour I first made the sour dough (took me 7 days) to avoid using yeast. Then using the rising properties of the made dough (without any yeast) I baked bread. The only ingredients were: this flour, salt, honey and olive oil. The bread turned out absolutely wonderful by taste and its nutrition values. I'd like to say a big"thank you" to the producer!! Please maintain the same level of production.
review imagereview imagereview image
2 people found this helpful
on 10 March 2013
This flour was brilliant — made the best bread ever. Something has changed during the past few months and it is now impossible to make a decent loaf of bread with it. The loaf collapses whilst baking or doesn't rise at all. Tastes awful too. I can only guess that either the company is using a different variety of grain or the milling process has changed. I see reviewer, Rachel, has had the same experience with this flour from her order of the 15kg bag.
I have cancelled this flour from my Subscribe & Save order.
15 people found this helpful
|22 Comments|Report abuse
on 2 March 2017
The flour is lively but I am disappointed with the packaging, it is thiner paper that tera easily> Also, before the package was closed by thread seem.
Now it is just glue and to open it you have to cut substantial length of the packaging. If you use only little of the flour then it is not enough length to close it properly.
on 6 November 2015
Another great flour from this bakery with a good shelf life this time as they seem to have been sending bad dated stuff for a while. This flour is very good and I have used the white, rye, smoked malted and this one and have had no problems with any making consistently good bread with all. Highly recommend this over the shop bought as it seems to be finer and makes better loaves.
on 27 December 2016
It is ok but the economy solution to replace the string line with glue is awful. As the strings are replaced with glue makes the bag opening quite horrendous. Please go back to old string method used to close the bags. Thanks! Radu Chiritoiu
2 people found this helpful
|22 Comments|Report abuse
on 22 June 2015
Made lovely bread.

It has some larger particles in it which I emailed Bacheldre Watermill about. I received a reply within minutes informing me that they were due to "black oats" which had been growing next to that batch of organic wheat - so nothing to worry about, and you don't notice them in the bread anyway.

The flour is packed in quality paper bags which are sewn rather than glued.

The use by date is three months ahead and judging by the nice fresh smell, I'd guess it was not long milled.
on 8 October 2013
I wanted to make wholemeal loaves in my Panasonic bread maker and strong flour from my local supermarket
was a failure in this machine.

The flour for use in bread makers can be critical I learned later and I was recommended to try Bacheldre Watermill
Organic Stoneground Strong 100% Wholemeal Flour and I am extremely pleased with the results which raises well
and has a good texture with good flavour.

I also use 25% strong white flour in one recipe and the results are excellent too. Delivery was very prompt.
One person found this helpful
on 16 December 2015
I use this brand of flour in my breadmaker and think it is the best product I have come across for making wholemeal organic bread
VINE VOICEon 27 January 2018
Feel confident and just buy. It doesn't take much to realise that the basics of life, and of cooking/baking need the best of ingredients, and Balchedre products can be bought with such confidence.
on 30 November 2017
Do not use the recipe printed on the packet, you will get a dud loaf, use the recipe provided on their website (use 400ml water for 500g flour) took me enough to figure it all out
One person found this helpful