- Note: Blu-ray discs are in a high definition format and need to be played on a Blu-ray player.
Bach: St. Matthew Passion [John Nelson, James Burton, Patrick Marco] [Blu-ray] 
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who bought this item also bought
Werner Güra Stephen Morscheck Lucy Crowe Christine Rice Nicholas Phan Matthew Brooks Bertrand Grunenwald
Orchestre de Chambre de Paris
John Nelson, conductor | Schola Cantorum of Oxford | James Burton (choir director)
Maîtrise de Paris, Patrick Marco (choir director)
Filmed live in the Basilica Cathedral Saint-Denis, Paris, France, in July 2011, Directed by Louise Narboni
- The St. Matthew Passion is the third part of The Soli Deo Gloria Collection' conducted by the American John Nelson who is wellknown for his interpretations of Romantic works.
- This monumental piece, composed by J.S. Bach, recounts the dramatic story of the capture and crucifixion of Jesus Christ, it presents a profound, dramatic, lyrical and contemplative work.
- The concert features the excellent Orchestre de Chambre de Paris, as well as two internationally acclaimed choirs: the ScholaCantorum of Oxford (one of the oldest choirs in the UK) and the Maîtrise de Paris with origins back in the 12th century.
- Directed by Louise Narboni and filmed twice with 7 HDTV cameras in the Basilica Cathedral Saint-Denis a unique, monumentalmasterpiece of Gothic art.
- The Blu-ray also includes the 52 mins. Documentary "John Nelson's Saint Matthew Passion - The Journey" by Louise Narboni as aBonus - showing intense rehearsals and interviews with John Nelson.
Picture format Blu-ray Disc: 1080i Full HD, 16:9
Sound formats Blu-ray Disc: PCM Stereo, DTS HD Master Audio 5.0
Region code: All (worldwide)
Subtitles: German, French, English, Japanese, Korean
Booklet notes: English, German, French
Running time: 177 mins + 52 mins (BONUS) FSK: 0
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I've enjoyed twice this blu-ray, first obviusly with the Passion itself, then with the very well made documentary with excerpts of the rehearsals and some educational and insight points of view of the conductor, John Nelson, about this great Passion, J.S. Bach and his music.
I think all players performed very well and that this is, in my opinion, a well balanced performance. All soloists are great, and I think that the bass who sing the arias and the evangelist did oustanding interpretations.
The image is in high definition, with a lot of cameras, and the sound is perfect.
Please excuse my English. English is not my mother tongue, but I've seen that this blu-ray had any reviews and I think it deserves at least this humble opinion.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com