on 21 February 2013
Ignore the people saying the curls look too much like they've been done with a crimper, you're not supposed to use this tool on your whole head! Use it on the bottom thirds, picking out random, inch thick sections and it looks nice and natural
on 20 July 2012
I was getting really bored of having my hair straight all the time so decided to give these a try. I was amazed with the result, they gave my hair perfect waves that lasted for days!! Every time I use them people complement my hair. If you want mermaid/beach hair than these are perfect!! :)
on 15 December 2015
I did the first 2 sections of hair and thought this is going to look stupid but when I finish I fell in love with it my hair is fine and flat and these give is so much volume arrived a day early and heat quickly and are red hot well pleased
review image review image
on 17 December 2011
I have quite fine elbow length hair and I've never managed to get it properly wavy by myself before. So much easier than curling tongs or straighteners. It took me ten minutes to do my hair and it lasted all night! Really happy with the hair styler and so easy to use. Definitely recommend.
on 3 July 2012
I spent a lot of time researching the different 'wave irons' available before deciding on the Babyliss version. I decided on these due to the cost and also because my hair is only shoulder length I didn't want an iron where the curls would be 'too large'. After receiving them and using them for the first time I am really happy with the results! They warmed up really quickly and I used them on the middle setting (which was fine for my hair). I liked the fact that they came with a heatproof mat to put them on as well. It took me around 10-15 minutes to wave my hair, and once completed, I used hairspray and then gently brushed to make them look less 'severe'. The waves lasted for 3 days and everyone commented on how I had done my hair.

Also - in Boots these irons were £50, much cheaper on Amazon!
review image
on 27 April 2011
I have really thick shoulder length hair that I have been struggling to create the latest wavy looks or curls. I have tried curling with straighteners, sleeping in plaits, tongs, wands everything. So I settled down with a cynical mind to test the latest Wave Envy after a friend recommended it. It is as easy to wave as straighteners are to straighten. Simply move around the hair clamping in the big crimps for about 5 secs. Within 10 mins my hair was completely wavy in a natural kind of beach hair look, even my biggest critic said how nice my hair looked. I challenge anyone not to be able to use this, and I predict a new must have product by the time word gets round and this little gem seeds its way to the fashionistas. This will do for waving what GHD did for straightning. For now sshh its my secret and everyone can envy my waves!
44 comments| 99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 February 2011
Whenever I use this product I get compliments on my hair. I use it to create quite defined waves when I'm going out at night, and I've got fairly thick, long hair so I find I need a bit of hairspray to help the waves stay strong. But I also use it for everyday styling, without using product, so that the waves aren't too intense and they look more natural. When I don't want to wear my hair straight it's much quicker to use this styler than it is to curl my hair. And it's a completely different look to what I can get with a curling iron - it looks much more natural. I highly recommend this product.
on 22 January 2016
About 5 years ago, I used to perm my hair. Now I know that sounds deliciously 80s but it was a loose body wave on big rods that gave me a lovely loose curl that always got lots of compliments.

When I changed salon, my stylist refused to perm it as combined with highlights, she felt it would be too damaging for my very fine hair. I was experiencing a lot of breakage at the time so I accepted her advice and stopped perming.

However, I missed the body and volume that my hair had as left natural, my hair is very fine and hangs quite limp.

My friend lent me her Babyliss Wave Envy styler to try as she said the effect it gives is not too dissimilar to a perm. I used it once and promptly ordered my own.

It gives beautiful, mermaid-like waves with very little effort. It heats up quickly and my whole hair took about fifteen minutes to style. The curls last for 2-3 days too and that includes tying up my hair to go to the gym and sleeping on it.

It's so easy to use and I'd really recommend it for anyone wanting Mermaid hair :)
on 5 October 2014
Hair looks crimped not wavy. Despite other reviews stating how best to use it, I have attempted all forms of using it and the result always the same. I am very disappointed and would not recommend this product.
on 12 August 2011
Many years ago a revolution was started when poker straight hair was available to everyone who could afford a GHD straightener. Today curls are all the rage and I was getting into a rage because try as I might I could not curl my hair. I tried GHD but ended up with limp curly ribbons. I tried tongs but it took ages to get a half-decent curl and within 10 minutes it had dropped out. Today I bought the Wave Envy and decided if these didn't work, I would give up on curls forever.

It took me 20 mins to curl my hair (I have waist-length hair) and the result was, for the first time in my life I had curls that last and I love them. I would recommend this product to everyone who wants fast, easy long-lasting curls.