on 12 June 2010
This book is very good for the BTEC Nat Dip course, however my tutor has informed me that the Unit 5 Safeguarding Children is now out of date such as calling LSCB's still ACPC's. It only gives the main bulk of information, as a starting point. So you will still need specialist books to complete assignments.

I would strongly reccomend it though as it break each unit down. At the end of each unit it tells you the grading criteria and what pages to look at to do each grade. Activities and key words are all in different coloured boxes, so it is very easy to read and use, using clear language.
on 3 February 2010
Great information, easy to read and follow. Essential if you are doing the BTEC course. Well worth buying, and having it delivered to your door via Amazon even better, as well as cheaper, a good buy.
on 13 July 2010
This product really helps with studies... it makes information clear and understandable, and I think it is well worth the money. It covers the relevant units to the BTEC National Diploma course (1st year), and is almost as good as a tutor! The index is perfect, and things are easy to find.
on 8 November 2010
This book is very useful but only in your first year doing the BTEC National Diploma in Children's care Learning and Development as it only covers the first 8 units that you study in the first year of the course so you will need the second book for your second year. I decided to purchase this book because it is the most useful book which college owned for the course i am doing so i thought it would be easier to purchase my own rather than checkig it out of the college library all the time as they don't have many copies. I also purchased it off of amazon because it were the best price that i found so i recommend this to anyone doing the BTEC National Diploma in Children's Care Learning and Development course.
on 16 October 2010
the information in this book is ok although it doesnt list things like legislation which you need to know for unit 2.also as the book is a paperback the cover soon becomes damaged,even with a plastic covering or wallet that you can buy separately.aswell as this it is a very thick and heavy book so is not practicial for carrying around all day every day as i have done for the past 2 weeks especially if you have a folder or bag aswell.
despite all this i have found the book helpful for my course and would recommend it.
on 11 February 2014
I am currently doing Childcare Level 3 and this book and helped me to achieve a distinction on most of my assignments . I always have it with me at college as it has everything I need for my childcare course inside. I would definetly recommend this book if you are doing childcare or health and social care .
on 29 January 2014
This book has good content, but is so out of date it doesn't even outline the original EYFS and was published way before the revised EYFS. For academic study, beware! You will need another book for legislation/curriculum guidance. Shame it has not been revised.
on 5 December 2010
A very informative book, that was purchased to help my daughter with her college course as there were not enough copies in her college!! She has managed to keep on track with her work rather than waiting for others to finish.
on 11 October 2013
Was okay with the order of my book but said it was a little damaged but all the front and back was a little worse than I thought they would be but thee them that I suppose it was okay
on 18 December 2012
The book I bought was for my 17yrs old grandaughter for xmas as she is studying childcare at college for the next two years. She will love it when she opens it on xmas day.