Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 11 Jul 2011 19:49:37 BDT
Last edited by the author on 11 Jul 2011 20:28:22 BDT
Please check the following shows in this set and see if the running times match. Let me know.

Season 4 episode - To the Death
http://www.bbfc.co.uk/AVV121385/
43m 17s cut down to 43m 12s for Cert 15.
Violence, probably neck snapping of Jem'Hadar, Starfleet etc edited.

Season 6 episode - Sons and Daughters
http://www.bbfc.co.uk/AVV151930/
43m 39s cut down to 43m 4s for Cert PG.
Knife violence between Alexander and other Klingons edited.

Checked DVD slim-lines and the times are a few seconds shorter than that, but put that down to BBFC staff originally stopping their clocks late. But whatever accounts for it, clearly cuts were made for us.

Got the DS9 series already but worth considering if things are different now. There's always importing I suppose, but then you lose additional extras included as part of the R2 ones, but only on so-called "Best Buy" discs in R1.

Would also be interested in hearing if there is a 49th disc? By my calculation there's only 48. Is there a bonus disc with extras unique to this set?

Posted on 12 Jul 2011 10:28:00 BDT
nametag says:
I don't have it but it looks a lot like a repackage job to me. It'll be the exact same discs with no new extras.

Posted on 12 Jul 2011 13:05:12 BDT
There's no new ratings by the BBFC, so they must have been made from the existing approved versions. It doesn't look like they've ever been re-submitted since the original VHS releases. The only new ratings relating to DS9 are the extras on the DVDs.

A few seconds difference could just be tightening up the end title sequence cut or something similar. The two listed cuts are 6s for "To The Death" and 25s for "Sons and Daughters".

Posted on 12 Jul 2011 21:20:16 BDT
Last edited by the author on 12 Jul 2011 21:23:25 BDT
Thanks. Could be the distributor is unaware they need resubmitting. I find it strange because video and DVD masters would surely be different and 15 years is a long time. Certification standards are more lax now. It's like comparing the VHS release of the Doctor Who 1996 TVM, with its DVD counterpart. Less issues with the level of violence in a 12 cert or a 15 for that matter.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  11 Jul 2011
Latest post:  12 Jul 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about