on 25 August 2011
This does the job nicely. The purpose of a floor to ceiling ball is speed and accuracy - if you want practice hiting hard get a heavy punch bag. I bought one of these years ago and I did a hatchet job of putting it up so that the wear and tear caused the rubber bands to eventually snap. My advice is to take your time and put it up properly, go to the hardware store and make sure you buy the right fittings, so the bands don't chaff. Also you will need a needle and bicycle pump to blow it up.

I love using this as its really is a lot closer to fighting than a punch bag. Before I just had a punch bag and was hitting it with power shots day after day... so I ended up over training and injuring myself. This mixes up the training nicely and prevents those nasty stiff shoulders you get from just hitting a punch bag.
I removed a star because there was no pump or even a needle for pumping up the ball.
on 21 September 2011
I've never used a floor/ceiling ball before so this was a bit of a departure for me. Having spent a fair bit of time beating the daylights out of a heavy punch bag recently, I decided that I needed a change of target. This is just the job. Takes a bit of practice at first but before long I was able to get into a good rhythm hitting it. It certainly provides a good workout for the shoulders and for the heart and lungs. I'm sure my hand speed and coordination must be improving as well.

I have it hanging from the same ceiling hook as my heavy bag uses (obviously have to take that down first) and tethered to a 20kg kettlebell on the floor. It does move the kettlebell a little bit, so I've added a bit more weight by leaning a dumbbell against it and that stops it moving at all. Because I interchange it with the heavy bag, I've bought a couple of cheap carabiners from the local hardware shop which I use rather than unscrewing the rubber tube fixings every time.

The ball itself feels robust enough and the rubber tubing feels quite sturdy. I would be a bit concerned though about the plastic fixings that you use to set the height of the ball if I was having to unscrew them regularly. Using the carabiners mentioned above gets around this problem though.

All in all a good purchase.
on 22 November 2011
Great piece of kit,Comes with everything needed other than something to weight it down to,
I used a 16kg kettle bell and it works perfectly, great to improve hand eye coordination!
on 26 August 2013
Very dissapointed that ball didn't come with stand as in picture, rope also snapped after ball was punched once would not recomended anyone to buy this !
on 11 January 2014
i choice 5* for this product because it is what it is.
Simple to install
fast quick delivery and having lots of fun with this
would recommend to family and friends
on 8 June 2014
I was very disappointed with this. the quality wasn't what i'd hoped and it didn't last very long at all
on 26 July 2015
Bought for my husband who likes it. He says it's well made, of good quality and height adjustable.
on 13 December 2009
Got this set up now after several attempts ended with the straps coming off when hitting it with reasonable force. By the looks of it the straps probably won't last that long but seems ok for the money.
on 11 January 2010
I hang mine from a hook in the ceiling and have a 10kg weight holding it at the floor, and it works just fine. The rubber lengths are easily adjustable, so you can have it as tight or slack as you like.

The only drawback is the line of laces at the top of the ball which hold it all together. Sometimes I punch them and it's not as comfortable as punching flat leather, and I don't wear cissy pretend boxing gloves.
on 7 June 2010
Everything about this is perfect, The cords are strong, and it is easy to assemble.