on 10 June 2013
Hubby has one of these and asked me to get the same book for his pal as they were off to Venice. Hubby has been using his in various parts of Italy for a couple of years now, and so far has managed to order the correct number of beers every time they go. He finds it easy to use and well organised.
on 16 March 2014
Bought this for a forthcoming holiday. Other than having looked through it to familiarise myself with where the various words are that I expect to use, I haven't yet put it to the test. Love the way it shows how to pronounce the Italian translation (saves me looking a complete plonker!). Great size for the jacket pocket, or oven a rucksack side pocket. Glad I saw this rather waste my time looking for something inferior.
on 14 August 2010
I think this is a really good book. I can speak a little Spanish and would like to be as competent in Italian - purely for holidays. This Italian book is a good size for your handbag (or husband's pocket!) and is very easy to use. Everything you could possibly need is well documented and I like the fact that it helps phonetically with pronunciation. It is well divided into sections and I'm sure, with a bit of practice, you could make the Italians understand you.
I have found the phrasebooks in the series to be immensely helpful (previously having used the Greek and Turkish ones), and this one is no exception. Small enough to fit in a pocket, cheap as chips, and very good content. Fully recommended.
on 7 July 2013
I've already got the French, German and Spanish books in this series. So I thought I'd add another one to the set. They're relatively cheap, and will generally contain enough for you to get by in the language speaking country of your choice. They're pretty small too, which means they can easilly be put into a pocket or handbag.
on 29 May 2014
We visited Rome this month.
We used this phrase book a lot or my Hubbie tried too:)
Think it has some useful phrases that can help you order food and have an initial conversation.
Good price.
on 15 January 2012
I found this phrase book comprehensive and easy to use. It covered all my needs during a 5 day stay in Rome and I found the pronunciation guide extremely useful. The size was small enough to be unobstrusive. Highly recommended.
on 14 June 2013
It's a little bit early to be reviewing this as I've not yet had my holiday in Sicily for which it is intended. But flicking through the ages it seems to be up to the standards one would expect from a BBC publication
on 15 September 2014
I am moving to Milan for a year and I have been learning a little Italian but due to not using it everyday I keep forgetting. This book is very good. I have looked all the way through and thw sections and dictionary are going to be very useful for me getting around!! Ciao!
on 3 June 2017
Great phrase book, easy to follow, very compact.