- Save 10% on Books for Schools offered by Amazon.co.uk when you purchase 10 or more of the same book. Here's how (terms and conditions apply) Enter code SCHOOLS2016 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
The Aztecs (Peoples of America) Paperback – 23 Dec 2011
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Michael Smith draws on ethnohistory and the most recent archaeological findings, including his own first–hand investigations, to update his comprehensive account of the Aztecs. The Aztecs provides a valuable overview for scholars and an accessible text for students."
– Deborah L. Nichols, Dartmouth College
"Top archaeologist Michael Smith combines the latest archaeological research outside the imperial capital with insights from the ethnohistorical sources to present a well–balanced and dynamic view of Aztec society."
– Elizabeth Boone, Tulane University
From the Back Cover
The Aztecs brings to life one of the best–known indigenous civilizations of the Americas in a vivid, comprehensive account of the ancient Aztecs. Immensely readable, Smith′s detailed descriptions of the daily life of the Aztec people provide an excellent and thorough grounding in the subject for students and general readers.
Based on the earliest discoveries and newest research in the field, The Aztecs, Third Edition has been revised and updated with the latest advances in Aztec archaeology and ethnohistory. Smith presents a new perspective on Aztec government and kings, additional descriptions of major archaeological sites, and expanded coverage of codices, religious beliefs, and the importance of areas distant from the capital city. New photographs and illustrations from the latest fieldwork rounds out the most informative and up–to–date treatment of Aztec civilization available.See all Product Description