- Actors: Robert De Niro, Robin Williams, Julie Kavner, Ruth Nelson, John Heard
- Directors: Penny Marshall
- Producers: Walter F. Parkes, Lawrence Lasker
- Format: PAL, Anamorphic, Widescreen, Dolby, Surround Sound
- Language: English
- Subtitles: French
- Region: Region 2 (This DVD may not be viewable outside Europe. Read more about DVD formats.)
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9 - 1.85:1
- Number of discs: 1
- Classification: 12
- Studio: Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
- DVD Release Date: 10 Dec. 2007
- Run Time: 116 minutes
- Average Customer Review: 4.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (159 customer reviews)
- ASIN: B000YN3LY0
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 16,293 in DVD & Blu-ray (See Top 100 in DVD & Blu-ray)
Awakenings [DVD] (1990)
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Dr Malcolm Sayer (Robin Williams) is a shy neurologist and keen lover of earthworms and botany who accidentally wins a job at the New York Bainbridge Hospital looking after catatonics. He discovers, through sheer patience, hard work and experimentation, that the patients may be revivable, with one patient (Robert De Niro) responding to treatment after thirty years' 'sleep'.
Based on the acclaimed book by neurologist Oliver Sacks, director Penny Marshall's hit 1990 drama Awakenings stars Robin Williams as Dr. Malcolm Sayer. Sayer is a neurologist who discovers that the drug L-Dopa can be used to "unlock" patients in a mental hospital from the mysterious sleeping sickness that has left them utterly immobilized. Leonard (Robert De Niro) is one such patient who awakens after being in a comatose state for 30 years, leaving Sayer to guide Leonard in adjusting to the world around him. Penelope Ann Miller costars as the daughter of another patient, with whom Leonard falls tenuously in love. Earning Oscar nominations for best picture, actor and screenplay, this moving fact-based drama was a hit with critics and audiences alike. --Jeff Shannon --This text refers to the VHS Tape edition.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
It offers some very poignant reminders about what life is and how even the little little things shouldn't be taken for granted.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The ending is not perfect, but I like it very much. On rainy days, I shut myself up and watch it by myself. The screenwriter of this film is really great. I like the leading lady. Read morePublished 5 days ago by Ursula
Beautifully crafted fill about humanity with two great actors.Published 4 months ago by nigel harris price