- Hardcover: 328 pages
- Publisher: Pen & Sword Aviation (15 Sept. 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1848842848
- ISBN-13: 978-1848842847
- Product Dimensions: 18 x 3.3 x 25.2 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.4 out of 5 stars See all reviews (10 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 369,106 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Avro Type 698 Vulcan: The Secrets Behind Its Design and Development Hardcover – 15 Sep 2011
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
A marvellous compendium. It is a tremendous book for dipping into and for finding yet another serendipitous piece of fascinating information. The content and the price of the book are right. Like clever clogs I tried to find some howlers to point up, but I couldn't. Royal Aeronautical Society Journal
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
The book gives a real inside feel of the challenges facing the Avro company in the fifties and sixties, the technical design work associated in producing the Vulcan and fascinating detail on the Avro 707 research programme.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Brilliant book. Everything you want to know about the Vulcan from a technical point of view.Published 22 months ago by Littlei
Whilst full of often repeated information I found it a boring read.Published on 18 Dec. 2014 by Alan Jarvis
A truly sumptuous book for Vulcan fans! I can't identify any missing information. A really book for keeping long term as the definitive reference text.Published on 8 Aug. 2013 by Welder Bob
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Europe > Great Britain
- Books > History > Military History > Armed Forces > Air Forces
- Books > Reference > Transport > Aviation
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Military & Naval > Military Aircraft
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Military & Naval > Military Vehicles