Colour: Red|Change

Key Features:

-Wireless stereo music streaming
- Digital stereo 2 x 15W RMS
- Bluetooth v3.0 + EDR Multimedia
- Compatible with devices enabled with
A2DP/AVRCP stereo Bluetooth
- 3 inches 4Ù 20W tweeter speaker
- 1.5 inches 4 Ù 20W bass speaker
- Mute function

Review:

This is a stylish stereo speaker with iPod dock, Bluetooth functionality and a 3.5mm connection that offers multiple ways of playing music through the speaker. The most impressive feature is the Bluetooth - initial setup was very quick and easy, made even easier thanks to the clear and concise instructions. Now paired with my smartphone it streams music to the speaker flawlessly with absolutely no lag whatsoever. It is also worth noting that the device has excellent range - I have tried the speaker in a different room to the device from which the music is streaming and even on a different floor in the house, always without a hitch.

The speaker can reach decent volumes courtesy of its 15W RMS output without compromising sound quality. The speaker performs well regardless of the genre, therefore offering versatility for those who listen to multiple styles of music - I have used it for acoustic and soft rock / pop music as well as hard rock and metal and the results are pleasing. The bass is very good, and can be improved using the EQ functions on the remote but never over-powers the mids or trebles. It's worth noting that the remote contains the bulk of the playback options with the unit itself just containing a power button and volume control.

Overall, this is an impressive speaker with excellent Bluetooth connectivity and a nice minimalistic style. There is no LCD display; instead functions are indicated by way of the subtle LED light (which changes colour depending on the use, for example red for standby, blue for Bluetooth, green for when the iPod dock is in use and yellow for when a 3.5mm jack is connected) - the light subtly illuminates on the bottom of the unit and really adds to the simple but appealing aesthetics of the unit.
VINE VOICEon 25 February 2013
Colour: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Firstly this Aves Sapphire Bluetooth speaker looks the business, you are presented with a very nicely designed high gloss black case with a removable speaker grill, it looks very similar to a centre speaker for home cinema. It has just 3 buttons on the top of the unit (power on/off, Vol up/down) an Apple dock also on the top of the unit and around the back there is aux in/aux out sockets, mains cable and two small port vents.

Setting up could not be simpler, I plugged the unit in and turned it on, I then paired it to my Nokia Lumia smartphone and away it when, I'm yet to try it with my laptop.

The sound is rich and can become very loud, this speaker has a 2x15 watts RMS output and sounds every bit of that, it is more than enough to easily fill a room with sound. Bass is clean and quite powerful for the 3" drivers, treble is sweet and not harsh from the 1.5" tweeters, vocals sound great and are very clear.

The speaker has a rather funky LED strip on the bottom that lights red when in stand-bay and blue when connected via Bluetooth.

This speaker can accept any input via the 3.5mm aux in socket on the back, the same can be said for connecting an output from the speaker itself.

Aves have supplied this speaker with a small remote control, a great idea, functions include volume up/down, EQ settings (rock,pop,jazz,classic and flat), X Bass on/off, power on/off, mute. Other functions of the remote are play/pause, track fwd, track back, folder up/down, menu, enter, these functions are reserved for apple devices connected via the docking point, seeing as I don't own any apple devices I can't comment on these functions.

I did note when I removed the speaker grill that around the 3" drivers there seems to be some material left near the foam surrounds, some attention to detail is required here, other than that build quality seem solid.

I can see this speaker being very popular with those who want a simple solution to audio, quick and easy to set-up with minimal fuss with a good sound quality, it will never compete with serious HiFi but those buying this type of speaker probably don't want the cost or can't find the space for HiFi.

4 stars.
VINE VOICEon 27 February 2013
Colour: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
First up, the sound on the Aves Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Dock is big. Don't let this modest unit confuse you, because the stereo spread is fantastic, and delivers depth and clarity. In fact, overall, I'll admit I was pleasantly surprised, not least for the price range. I've got the black model and from the moment I took it out of the box, it looked way more expensive than it costs.

The most important this is, the Aves sounds great. Even using the default audio setting, without adding on extra bass or flicking through the various EQ pre-sets, the weight, stereo spread and clarity is very good: beefy without being too obviously skewed towards contemporary hip-hop or dance heaviness. Volume-wise, I'm using this in a large kitchen, so I haven't pumped it up much above five or six - that said, I did crank it out of curiosity and, to be honest, the unit handles well.

Set up and use is simple: I had this up and running within two minutes, and operation is very straightforward. Keeping the unit sleek and minimalist, functions are mostly controlled via the remote control, which is thin and discreet. (Okay, if the battery ran out you wouldn't be able to operate most of the functions... but you could say the same about modern televisions). And there's a thin light under the middle section of the unit which tells you whether its on, off or Bluetooth-ready.

Visually, the Aves, as mentioned above, looks a lot more expensive than it actually is; and there's a pleasing weight to the unit, too. (In the Sixties, people used to pick up guitar amps, judging their audio potential by how heavy they were. Some enterprising souls, thus, took to putting bricks in the bottom, to add extra weight. So I did smile to myself when the Aves weighed well.)

Highly recommended.
VINE VOICEon 13 March 2013
Colour: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This fantastic ipod dock is as good as my Bose i have here. Infact id say its 10 times better due to its price. You get value for money with speakers that are crystal clear and loud. Its a robust system. Not at all cheap looking. I have this a 10/10. Think i need another one for my office.
on 22 May 2013
Colour: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've owned quite a few iPods over the years but I've never owned a dock before until this one and wish I'd done it along time ago. I've always been a bit suspicious of a dock and speaker system this size thinking it would be quite tinny sounding; I can't believe how wrong I was. I plugged in my iPod Touch and it was just about as good as any large hi-fi system I've had over the years but being more convenient in every way. It has a lovely "fat" sound to it and is suitable for all kinds of music. It looks good and is an absolute no brainer to use. The Bluetooth function is a nice touch; you can scroll through your music with the device in your hand and the dock on the other side of the room. If you use wireless sync from iTunes, you can even update the iPod in situ on the dock. Worth every penny.
Colour: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've tried a few of these portable speakers and this is the best as long as yo're not travelling or taking it with you in a suitcase. It works moving from room to room but its mains powered. Bluetooth sync matched up to iphone and laptops with no problems - in fact quicker and less stress than most Ive tried in the past. Very loud and good bass. Remote control is a bonus but not entirely necessary. If you're looking to turn your bluetooth device into your home stereo this is a good option.
Colour: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a very smart unit with a lovely glossy piano black finish which will sit neatly on a bookshelf or even a window sill. There are just three buttons on the unit - on/off and volume up or down and a remote control which has a few additional buttons to tweak the sound for different types of music and to boost the bass. Sound quality isn't bad when listening to pop & rock or jazz although if you turn up the volume too much the sound becomes distorted - this isn't the music system for a party. Unfortunately the sound quality when playing classical music isn't nearly as good regardless of the button on the remote. The sound comes across as very woolly and muddled. That doesn't entirely surprise me given the price point and in fairness the loss of data during the conversion to MP3 is probably the biggest contributor to the lack of focus. I suspect that my view is slightly coloured in that I normally listen to music on a high end hi-fi system - it isn't a fair comparison but it is always difficult to ignore/forget when you think the sound is in some way lacking. We have a Bose dock/speaker as well which is a better comparator and the Bose is definitely better across the board when it comes to sound quality albeit at a higher price point.

I used an ipod classic and you can access the Ipod's menu using the remote although I found I needed to be very close to the unit to get the remote to work and once you are that close it is as easy to uncouple the Ipod from the dock and make your menu selections that way - well at least it was for me as that way I could see what I was doing!

Overall though I am pretty impressed: you aren't going to get top notch sound nor fill a large room, but for everyday listening to pop, rock & jazz this is fine. I wouldn't use it to listen to classical music or some female vocals.
VINE VOICEon 5 April 2013
Colour: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a very impressive speaker for the price. It's incredibly simple to set up - it took me about one minute from taking it out of the box to playing my Ipod music! It's literally plug in and go. The Bluetooth is easy to use as well.

The speaker looks good with glossy black casing, chrome Ipod docking station and an unobtrusive but attractive lighting feature underneath the speaker (red when it's off, blue when it's on, green when an Ipod's docked). The remote is small but not too flimsy, and there are also volume and on/off buttons on the speaker itself.

The sound is great; I turned it up louder than I'd ever want to listen to it (and I like my music loud) and there was no distortion. The sound is clear and full and you can easily switch between pop/jazz/classic/rock etc with the remote. I've been using the speaker in a relatively large lounge/dining room and the music easily fills the space.

Be aware that the speaker is quite chunky and if you want to put it on a bookshelf it will need to be a relatively deep shelf. I also found that the docking part for the Ipod does not hold the Ipod as sturdily as it could and as such it's possible to knock the Ipod off fairly easily. However the sound is so good that I am impressed enough to give this five stars anyway.
on 1 June 2014
For the price of £24, you cannot go wrong with the Aves sapphire. Within a week of my purchase i had already recommended it to a friend who heard my one and purchased two one for him and one for a friends birthday present. We both love them. Unbelievable sound quality for the price but would recommend you use the remote control provided to turn on the X-Bass mode when listening to music such a drum and bass and house music and also to use the controls for the different genres such as pop, jazz and rock as it really does make a difference.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 30 March 2013
Colour: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Aves are a new manufacturer to me but on the basis of this product I would be very happy buying more of their equipment. The unit is very well made, a solid shiny black finish on the body of the unit with a black speaker front making it look stylish and unobtrusive. The light underneath the unit shines red when it is standby and when a bluetooth device is connected it shines blue.

There is no initial set up required beyond plugging it in. The instructions are very simple and straightforward. The remote control Using the device with a bluetooth feed and the function is limited to power on/off, volume and switching between the preset audio modes and switching the X Bass on or off. Using it with an iPhone/Pod you can also skip back and forward through tracks and up and down through playlists etc.

The sound quality is pretty decent and distortion creeps in only when you get up towards the top end of the volume range - and that is pretty loud on this model. I tend to find the X Bass does need to be on otherwise it can be a bit harsh. Given the size of the unit though the power output is very impressive and clear.

Connection with Bluetooth is good and works over a pretty decent range. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S2 and there is very little delay between that unit and the speaker. And the unit was picked up pretty much immediately by the phone with no issues at all involved in pairing them.

Overall a very good piece of audio equipment and a welcome addition to my living room.