Avenir Universal Rear Pannier - Black, 16 Litres
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Raleigh Avenir universal pannier
- Compact and durable pannier
- Made of 600D nylon
- Available in black colour
- Ideal for everyday use
Customers who bought this item also bought
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Avenir Universal Rear Pannier is a practical pannier for carrying your belongings. Including a high visibility cover to protect the pannier in the rain. It also features multi adjust fitting system, reflective trim and LED loop, storage pocket. Symmetrical design for universal usage. Compact and durable design. Fits front and rear carriers. 600D Nylon and diamond weave material construction. This bag has a capacity of 16 L and available in black colour.
1x Universal Rear Pannier
Top Customer Reviews
This item is perfect for what I wanted. The dimensions are as above - 11"(W), 13"(H), 5"(D) - though the top cover and front adjustable clips do allow for height to reach 16" or more.
It fits my rack well, though this may of course differ depending on the rack you have. It does, however, have sliding adjustment on all three clips to allow for variance. It attaches to and detaches from the rack in around five seconds (it's a bit fiddly to start with but it's easy once you have done it a few times).
A few key features/benefits:
+ waterproof membrane/cover with drawstring underneath the main cover;
+ zipped pocket on top for additional storage of small items;
+ carry handle to top-rear;
+ rigid back and base to give extra support;
+ sliding adjustment on all three clips - and the lower clip can be rotated 360 degrees for access from any side;
+ reflective loop on which light, for example, could be clipped, if desired;
+ large enough storage to take a 15"+ screen laptop;
+ Avenir hi-viz rain cover included.
I would recommend this product as it seems very sturdy and well-made. I haven't loaded it up with a great weight yet but it seems like it would take a fair amount.
First, the good:
- Very competitively priced. The pannier bag market seems to be flooded with expensive bags that don't do much to justify their high price. This is a much cheaper product. Unfortunately it does seem like this has come with a cost, more on that later.
- A lot of room. There really is a lot of space in this bag, and the compartments are practically sized and useful.
- Hi-vis waterproof cover that stows away in top compartment.
- The clips with which the bag is fastened to the rack are very well designed. Very adjustable for different types of rack, very easy to clip on and remove once you figure out the knack (in most cases, the clips can be pushed straight onto the bars of the rack without having to manually open them – it just slots in).
And the bad:
- Not very easy to carry when not attached to the bike.
- Most importantly, the build quality of these is very cheap around the seams. My first bag had the seam of the top compartment (where the hi-vis cover is stored) fall apart within the first week, and thus anything put in there would fall out onto the road. I returned this one for a replacement from Amazon that seemed fine, but after one day the seam around the main compartment had similarly come apart, so the bag can no longer be properly shut with the draw-string.
It's very unfortunate because in all other respects it's a nicely designed pannier priced very fairly. But that counts for nothing if you can't rely on it not to fall apart and spill your contents over the road.
The rain cover is very handy and goes on in seconds.
All in all, a fab purchase!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought two of these to replace some older panniers. I use them to carry the weekly shopping home. After a couple of months later the seam attaching the bottom to the front has... Read morePublished 16 months ago by yrro
It's been just few days since I bought a pair of those but I had already few occasions to use them. Twice they have been used to carry quite heavy loads. Read morePublished 18 months ago by Adam M N
"Universal" but didn't securely attach to a my rack which to me seems like a perfectly normal rack. Seems like a decent purchase if it fits on your rack.Published 19 months ago by Nathan Cunningham
I bought a pair of these and have been using them for 6 months for commuting to and from work and they work very well for carrying my change of clothes, lunch, iPad and bike tools. Read morePublished 19 months ago by DavidR
Once you get used to the clips to the pannier from it is good. I would have prefered an additional centre pocket, but it is sturdy and it is doing the job every week dayPublished 20 months ago by J. Hall
Reasonably good quality, Slightly perplexed by the 'universal' fitting which took rather a lot of effort to get to attach to my existing pannier frame. Read morePublished 20 months ago by Graham W
A little fiddly to mount but they stay on and are roomy. They have side pockets, although it's a awkward to get things in them.Published 20 months ago by Graeme
Good. There are yellow waterproof covers hidden away in the pockets that you don't see in the photographs. Also little end pockets with inner tighten-able liners. Read morePublished 21 months ago by Michael Fellows