Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 90 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 9 Jun 2012 16:06:12 BDT
Darbi09 says:
Does anyone know if the Blu- Ray edition of the Avengers will be a triple play or if there will be a steelbook edition? Thanks

Posted on 22 Jun 2012 22:32:14 BDT
Ghost says:
Steelbook blu ray at HMV. :)

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Jun 2012 22:54:35 BDT
Darbi09 says:

Posted on 18 Jul 2012 15:58:18 BDT
ssbib says:
I hope it'll be a triple play. I only have a blu ray player in my room but my mum and dad like watching these as well. I always go for the triple play edition if I can. Love the steelbook though so getting that for sure.

Posted on 23 Jul 2012 08:07:51 BDT
steelbook edition are not tripleplay... I cannot find anywhere in UK that is selling tripleplay, only US amazon store! I am very unimpressed with Disney/Marvel's decision to not bring the final part of phase one out as a tripleplay in the uk, I won't buy it if is just a normal edition, and im not preordering a non triple play!

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Jul 2012 19:53:46 BDT
Bourne1886 says:
Total Recall and Batman Begins/TDK Steelbook BD's are Triple Plays. I think there the only ones of their types.I could be wrong.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jul 2012 13:57:17 BDT
DAN BALDWIN says:
Yeh but they are ultraviolet digital copies so you can only stream them online

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jul 2012 17:23:15 BDT
Bourne1886 says:
Dan,I've downloaded them to my iPad,no need to stream.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Aug 2012 08:10:49 BDT
Am Furniss says:
how?

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Aug 2012 02:25:17 BDT
Bourne1886 says:
I have an app by Flixster which is free and is on my iPad.
I have downloaded the films to my Flixster App, that way I can watch them off line, no Internet connection needed.

Posted on 10 Aug 2012 12:25:00 BDT
so no-one knows if there is actually going to be a triple play still then? my local blockbusters said they had ordered it in but if it turns up and isn't a triple play I can have my preorder money back... anyone know yet if they are messing up my collection? I own all the other Marvel Triple plays why not the main film??????????????

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Aug 2012 01:54:49 BDT
K. Madden says:
It won't be a triple play, unfortunately. Disney, for some unknown reason, have stopped releasing triple/double plays in the UK.

It's become something of an annoyance for me in recent months, as I wanted to pick up triple plays for The Muppets and John Carter (yes, I'm the guy who liked John Carter). The one that *really* pissed me off, though, was War Horse, the US (as well as the usual triple play) had an extra blu-ray disc that featured all the special features... which was only sold through ASDA over here as a "limited edition". Every other retailer just had the single disc blu-ray.

Frankly; Disney are currently in the process of destroying a lot of the good will they've built up in me over the last few years...

Posted on 11 Aug 2012 07:58:09 BDT
ive noticed a lot of new releases not being triple plays now.Apart from avengers and john carter the films battleship,and wrath of the titans and don't think the new spider man will be either.

Posted on 14 Aug 2012 16:24:41 BDT
well that's it then, Marvel/Disney have lost a customer, I don't buy many films but I always bought theirs... Nevermind, maybe one day something I collect of Marvel will stay the way it was, like 6 inch action figures suddenly becoming so small that my hulk is half the size of spiderman...

Well done Disney... it seemed like you weren't going to ruin Marvel, I defended you during the takeover/buy out and now everyone else was right...

Posted on 23 Aug 2012 22:00:16 BDT
nclowe says:
Annoyingly in order to get the 90minute making of you have to buy the bluray from Sainsburys. Only place you'll get that special feature in UK. *amazon order cancelled*

Posted on 27 Aug 2012 17:18:36 BDT
K. Madden says:
We're not getting Joss Whedon's commentary track, either.

That's a deal breaker for me right there...

Posted on 28 Aug 2012 21:16:49 BDT
Why isn't the UK getting full special features version like the USA?

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Aug 2012 21:33:03 BDT
K. Madden says:
No official "reason" (read: excuse) has been given.

One of the alleged excuses that's floating around the internet, though, is that Disney are claiming it has something to do with the various foreign language dubs that are also on the disc. If that is the "reason", then it's pretty safe to say that Disney are full of it...

Posted on 29 Aug 2012 01:38:28 BDT
So I'm just gonna have to order it from Amazon.com

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Aug 2012 01:55:08 BDT
K. Madden says:
That may not even be an option; there hasn't been any official word on whether or not the US blu-ray is going to be region locked.

If it is region locked, then we can only assume that Disney is actively going out of its way to screw over its European customers.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Aug 2012 14:59:56 BDT
I hate Disney

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Aug 2012 15:07:38 BDT
K. Madden says:
New development: Apparently the "reason" for there being no commentary was because Joss couldn't record it in time, and Disney decided not to delay the UK release.

See, it was all for the fans, huh?[sarcasm]

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Aug 2012 17:53:50 BDT
Yea well what about all the other extras were not getting

Posted on 29 Aug 2012 18:01:03 BDT
To all you people whinging about no triple play, I agree whole-heartedly. However great the pic was, ( and being a massive comic geek, it was.) I won't be ordering this. Why you may ask? 3 little words. Christmas. Double. Dip.

Posted on 29 Aug 2012 23:19:06 BDT
Doc Martin says:
The cynic in me thinks this is just an attempt to get everyone to buy it twice... I am sure sometime after the US release they will release it hear as the 'collector's edition'.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  29
Total posts:  90
Initial post:  9 Jun 2012
Latest post:  8 Jan 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about