on 6 May 2013
The book does a good job of explaining what is happening Ya dou and why it can be left alone for a while, It probes deeper into Azula's mental breakdown and why she decided to "help" in the Search.
It also provides a lot of material to build for this story arc and a great twist at the end. Avatar fans will not be disappointed.

N.B. This review was by my daughter, who didn't realise she was on my Amazon area.
on 13 July 2016
What is there to really be said about this. If you're a fan of the tv show Avatar the last air bender you'l enjoy this comic. Its a fun story with an interesting art style. You'll get further showings of your favorite characters like Aang and Katara among others. It really fills in that post series ending story. The tv show ends with the fall of the fire nation but we don't realy get to see what happens next. How is the peace kept? What does Aang do? we learn a bit of it during the legend of Korra but there is a lot of story to be told. I can't wait to buy more of these and keep going. It'll keep the withdrawral symptoms of the show ending at bay at the very least. The comics tone is so similar that I can very easily read the different characters in their actual voices. On to the next one
on 16 March 2016
In my opinion,there is no better bad guy that Azula ! I just can't get over that she escaped from her restraints...,
and even took advantage of being Chi-blocked ! Is there nothing Azula can't do ?! Azula even got the better of Zuko
when he brought her some tea,on a tray as a peace offering,awesome ! I must admit to being sad when Katara
defeated Azula...,although I know that Katara has become an experienced fighter too,it's just that
I LOVE AZULA !!
The creators have come up with the ultimate in absolute power and mastery of the elements in Azula.
I read and re-read Azula's escape time and time again...,using Zuko's fire blast to shatter her chains...,
it just doesn't get any better than that.At the bottom of page 43,Azula has the most disgusted scowl Ever !
So...,this book explores just what happened to Ursa,Lord Suko's Mother.
Obviously we don't know what to think because we know so little about her and her past.
Is Ursa an innocent bride taken away from her childhood friend or is she a bit of a witch ?
There is a slight misunderstanding at the beginning of this book where Azula asks Ty Lee
and Suki why they betrayed her and how did 'she' convince them to change sides.
They both reply that they don't know what Azula is talking about.You see,the mystery might have
more than a little to do with Ursa,was she secretive and manipulative ?
Did she live a complicated life...,so far,we just don't know.
But I aim to find out by buying books 2 & 3 in The Search series.
All the Avatar books are great creations filled with brilliant characters and engaging plot lines.
You have to read each book several times to catch all the little extras going on in the background.
I've loved reading comic books and graphic novels all my life and rate Avatar up there with the best.
on 12 September 2013
A must have for Avatar fans. My daughter loved this and couldn't put it down. It was quick to read - she read 2nd part in one sitting, too - just as compelling, and is looking forward to the final part.
on 25 May 2013
Perhaps not as perfect as the original series of the Avatar: the legend of Aang, but still immediately captured my attention. I quite enjoyed reading this part: it was very interesting and I am looking forward to see the next part!
on 30 December 2014
Amazing book, Amazing story and illustrations. Exactly what I expected and the book is just beautiful, im definitely gonna buy the 2nd and 3rd part to this story, oh and the delivery was good.
on 28 July 2013
With a continuation from "the promise", the search adds more to the world of Avatar, bringing Azula back and adding to her mental insability is a brilliant addition.
on 8 May 2016
Firstly, the comic was delivered safely by Amazon, as always.
Secondly, the story was amazing! I read it all in about 1 hour because I was interested in what was going to happen next. Absolutely brilliant!
on 22 July 2013
Great booklet.

Daughter enjoyed from cover to cover.

She wants to read the whole series!!!

Well recommended.

Waiting for more
on 30 December 2014
Really good story and does a great job of wrapping up the arc involving Zuko's mother. Shame Nickelodeon denied Bryke to make a television movie on this arc..