on 20 May 2014
The good:
The sound quality is better than a couple of cheaper units I had previously used.
The style is better-suited for use in the gym than some other BT headphones, especially when doing bench work.
They connect easily with my phone, and there's usually no hassle reconnecting if I've switched them off, or if I've disabled bluetooth on my phone

The bad:
I had higher expectations about the battery life.
The little tag in the middle can't be removed, making the wire sit oddly; they sometimes feel a little loose in general, and to make them fit, I have to have that little tag as wide as it can go (and I'm not the elephant man).
They do drop out a bit. No worse than any others I've had, but given that my phone is never more than 1m away from them, I'm not sure why the connection isn't more stable; even when I keep the phone on the same side of my body as the receiving part of the headphones. I suspect that this happens more often in areas with a lot of other electromagnetic noise, because there are one or two parts of my commute, for example, where it happens fairly consistently that I'll get a drop-out. All the same, I thought the technology had sorted that kind of thing out long ago.

UPDATED:
After a few weeks of use, the problems of the sound dropping out is now happening far less often, and the battery life seems to be okay (either that or I've become better at avoiding running the battery down between recharges).
55 Comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 September 2016
Love these headphones and the family is fully equipped with them. Clear and plenty of bass and connectivity is perfect. Why people still want strings around their necks I have no idea.... To try this is to love it. I have bought a set for the four of us and also for friends. Really great.
on 13 July 2017
Exactly what l was looking for very good product easy to connect and the bass very good
on 1 August 2013
I have received the headphones today and will happily give 5 stars.

I bought them from 'mymemory.co.uk'.

Within minutes I had paired them with my iPhone 4s and was getting great, clear, good strength, deep toned music.
It was very easy to set up and I am amazed at all the features.
Complete control of music and the phone too!! Brilliant.
They are light, fit well and the storage sac is good quality.

Looking forward to my next run, now without headphone cords rattling around and getting snagged.

Great value too.
on 19 May 2014
I don't normally write reviews but as soon as I tested these out, i felt compelled to share my experience with anyone who wants a wireless, water resistant pair of ear canal headphones for Gym/Sports/Outdoor-worry free audio!!
I loved the minimal but secure Packaging. Easy for me to recycle. First thing I noticed was how very lightweight it was which is what you want for this design of earphones.
Although it didn't come pre-charged, it charged within a few hours probably less.
Design: I was hesitant to buy such a strange design, but when you wear it and look in the mirror Avantree has packed the bluetooth transmitter into the most streamlined form I can think of for secure balance during rapid head movement. I had Blue Buds X but really didn't like how they stuck out so far and so would be less stable esp. with the cord hanging down when running.
WATER RESISTANT! So many high profile brands are missing out in this segment of sports earphones! I LOVE IT!!! The care-free feeling of running in the rain but most importantly when cleaning the earphones from sweat after every workout, really overlooked how valuable this is!
PAIRING: My experience is Instant Pairing with: Macbook Pro Retina, iPad Air, iPhone 5 and iPod Nano 6G!
PLAYBACK: (What made me want to write a review) I was blown away from the first Workout track I played in particular by the deep crisp bass with my 320kbps (CDQ) songs and the volume range. I've had many Premium level Over Ear Headphones like Bowers and Wilkins P5's (£200) and most recently I've always used my Parrot Zik Black Gold's (£320) and am used to audiophile level clarity and wide range of music styles from Classical to Hardcore Rap to Rock and Jazz to Dance and Dubstep. I have to emphasise for £24 and for what anyone looking at this type of earphone wants from them, these can't be beaten! I've tried out many, I mean many Sports/Workout Headphones Wired and Wireless and these Are My FINAL STOP Gratefully! the Highs are slightly dulled but hands down beat the competition in this class of audio for workouts/outdoor rugged movements! NO BLUETOOTH FUZZY Background Static sound!!! Impressed as even the Parrot Zik's have the Fuzzy background static! I've owned aptX enabled Wireless audio and if you have 320kbps CDQ audio files you won't be able to tell the difference except for those highs (Avantree if you're reading this, sort out the faded Highs and you have serious Big-Name Beating Headphones here)!!! I Recommend to anyone to only buy 320kbps CD Quality Audio Files for any of your audio and esp for these ear canal headphones!
When they State "Stereo Sound" it really is!

Couldn't Recommend MORE HIGHLY! * * * * * AND GUESS WHAT, if you lose them, Damage them then its relatively cheap to replace!! unlike the big boy names in bluetooth audio sports that are £60+ and not WaterResistant! I had never heard of Avantree and took the risk! Now its not a risk for you to take!
on 19 October 2013
So good I have used much more exspensive headphones and the sound quality and battery life have been far inferior to these... have used them daily at work get about 5 to 6 hrs battery life at a high volume because I work with machinery. . Im just about to purchase another pair because I dropped them out of my pocket gutted... look no further buy these..!
on 31 March 2014
i gave them 4 because there is no 3.5.just remember how much you pay for them and value for money.they fit very comfortable and the sound is what you would expect from sub 50 quid set.i just cycle and walk so they never came loose.battery lasted fine for me ,2 hours a day for 4 days but thats very approx.back to the sound,my device has lots of different sound settings so i messed around until i found one i like.i had to wear them on the side of the bluetooth signal as they would get interruption if anything came inbetween,although i did go into another room and they still worked.i suppose it depends what kind of material is involved.i wore them on the opposite side to the recommended.i found the controls easier as i am right handed,i also preefered the loop under my ears.to sum up,cool-comfy-sound is good for the price-very good value.i am buying my wife a pair,recommendation or what.
on 22 June 2014
I was sceptical, mostly because I seem to have weird ears that despise ear bugs. But I had an amazon gift certificate, so I figured I had nothing to lose.

This headset is hands down the BEST I have ever owned. They fit perfecdtly, and the sound is AMAZING. Seriously, I went from a really expensive Sony (wired) headset to these, and I can tell you I won't be picking up my Sonys any time soon. There is AMAZING bass on these, and nuances in the music that I hadn't heard before. I tested them using classical, house and metal music. All really impressive!

Also, there was no discomfort with the buds, which for me usually take a day or two for me to get used to. This time, no irritation.

DO NO
on 25 August 2014
Brilliant for running with! They come with a selection of ear buds, but the factors fittedones worked perfectly. I have my bluetooth phone in my running belt and these work perfectly with it. My other half connects his via a bluetooth transmitter to his ipod classic. You forget you're wearing them. Great sound, good controls on the left earphone. Easy to set up using the instructions. Love them! Thank you!
on 2 May 2014
Have only had for a few days, but so far, I am really happy with them and think they are good for the money, excellent basey sound but not too much so, I feel like I'm in my own little world as they do seem to cancel the outside world noises out quite well, the battery I haven't had chance to test fully but I used them for about 4 straight hours with a few other short bursts and there was no problem, still had battery left. There has been some cut out od signal when in the coat pocket but I think it depends on angle of phone, bags etc in the way, other times in my jeans pocket I had no problem. I have no other experience of Bluetooth headphones but I don't imagine for the money you could do much better. I worried about them fitting in and staying in my ear and comfort as they (and others) looked bulky, but after I got the knack, they are light and so even though bigger than standard buds, they fit fine, stay in and had no problems.