Avantree Saturn 2-in-1 Portable switchable Bluetooth transmitter and receiver adapter with APTX codec for Superb Sound Quality
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- This Bluetooth audio transmitter and receiver 2 in 1, which is aptX audio codec enabled, plays your music with outstanding sound quality wirelessly.
- As well as providing a smooth switch from transmit to receive mode, 2 can be used together - one as a transmitter, and one as a receiver.
- Thanks to its wireless technology, this Bluetooth music receiver gives you the freedom of streaming from any audio source within a 10-meter range and enables you to reposition your gadget without any troublesome wires tangling.
- Despite this wireless adapter's compact design, it holds an excellent battery life - lasting 10 hours in transmitter mode and 9 hours in receiver mode.
- Highly versatile, the Avantree Saturn Bluetooth audio adapter's standard 3.5mm audio socket makes this gadget compatible with most of the latest audio devices.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
We offer 12 Months Warranty, return or exchange. Live online support, email support and video user guide from Avantree website.
Size: Saturn - aptX Transceiver
Avantree Saturn bluetooth audio receiver, Wireless adapter and receiver 2 in 1, aptX support
* Outstanding Bluetooth stereo audio quality with aptX codec
* Simple to switch between transmit and receive modes
* Position anywhere in your house
* Up to 10 meter range and can be moved freely no wires
* Compact design, easy to use
* Long battery life: transmitter up to 10 hours, reciever up to 9 hours
* Standard 3.5mm audio socket and cable enable to connect to most audio device
* Can be used as a pair, one as transmitter and the other one as receiver
* Can charge and work simultaneously
* Bluetooth V2.1 with EDR
* Bluetooth profile supported: apt-X, A2DP and AVRCP
* Operational Range: Class 2, 10 meters
* Transmitter (TX) mode working time: up to 10 hours
* Receiver (RX) mode working time: up to 9 hours
* Standby time: up to 400 hours
* Size: 50mm(L)x37mm(W)X13mm(H)
* Product weight: 48.5g
Universal, almost all the audio devices
Mobile phones, Tablets, PCs, MP3, CD player, TV, Gaming etc.
12 months quality warranty for normal use from us directly. Contact Avantree Support for this.
If have any problem, contact us Mon-Fri 9:00AM-5:00PM. Emails answered within 1 business day.
What's in the Box
3.5mm to 3.5mm audio cable
3.5mm female connector to RCA audio cable
3.5mm audio connector
USB charging cable
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
The sound quality is actually very good. I am not easily pleased when it comes to audio; drop-outs, weird EQ, background hiss, hums, squeeks, pops, poor high frequency, low frequency or mid-range...all this would bug me. However, when played from a device taking full advantage of apt-x encoding, the bluetooth connection seems transparent...as good as cable.
A couple of minor negatives...1) Range up to 10m? I got no where near and that's without thick or metallic obstacles around. I would say 5m. More and it drops. 2) The clearance between USB and 3.5mm stereo line out is too narrow to use both if you're using a nice chunky hi-fidelity 3.5mm plug. You have to use the skinny little plug provided. It's probably fair to say you'll not notice the difference...just don't go wasting money on some metallic, gold plated connectors unless you won't want to use the USB charging outlet at the same time.
In summary, a good bit of kit, mostly well thought out but more like a kitchen appliance in appearance...I like hifi stuff to be black and serious looking!
So how does the Avantree stack up against the ever-growing Bluetooth adaptor market?
• Sturdy construction, with anti-slip rubberised base
• Can Transmit or Receive (through a flick of a switch)
• Respectable battery life, and will last for a maximum of 10 hours.
• Reliable brand name and unparalleled customer support
• Very easy to set up (Plug and play)
• Truly portable (Tiny!)
• CAN be used whilst being charged (Contrary to what another reviewer commented)
• Proprietary enclosed battery.
As with 99% of Bluetooth adapters (and speakers), there is a certain degree of compression. Audiophiles will notice the slight degradation in quality, yet they would need to do comparisons between direct and "through Bluetooth" in order to really pick up the difference in sound quality.
In the box you get the Saturn Pro Adaptor; 3.5mm to 3.5mm audio cable; RCA audio cable; 3.5mm audio connector; Micro USB charging cable; User Manual, Quick Start Guide & warranty card. The pictures on this page are not particularly good at giving you a sense of scale of this device which is tiny (50 mm x 37mm x 13mm) and weighing less than 50g despite being powered by a internal rechargeable battery.
In essence this is an ideal adaptor for any non-Bluetooth enabled device to receive or transmit audio - for example, I've used it to watch late night TV on an old Toshiba TV via my Bluetooth headphones. Secondly, I've used it to stream audio from my iPad to a Yamaha mini hifi which, although old and non-Bluetooth enabled, is too good to throw out. You can switch the Saturn Pro from Bluetooth receive to send mode at the flick of a switch and connection to your non-Bluetooth device is via the audio jack or RCA leads supplied. Pairing is easy - it works just like other Bluetooth devices such as pairing a Bluetooth speaker with your phone.
The amazing thing about this small device is the sound quality - it is outstanding and uses a special "low latency codec" which prevents lip synch issues etc. I found the sound was really "spatial" with an obvious stereo effect, plus, despite good treble and mid-range there was very little hiss and the bass was strong and taut too. Transmission and reception range is good, plus, there's no fading or drop outs. The range is quoted at up to 10 metres but will depend on the environment and any walls etc..Read more ›
Since the introduction of the AptX codec some years ago we've had the opportunity to listen to much better bluetooth audio, however until recently with the introduction of the Saturn Pro we haven't had something which could be used effectively with TV or games setups.
I had been waiting for this device, or something like it for years and I'm happy to say that it performs as advertised. A very simple setup and an even simpler TX/RX switch on the device is very welcome. Also I have to say the size was quite a surprise, it's tiny probably about half the size I was expecting.
There are plenty of leads and adapters in the box allowing you to fit this to almost any consumer audio source , the battery life is good and is easily chargeable via the USB socket on most modern equipment. As others have mentioned the fact that this uses a sealed battery is a slight disappointment but apart from that I don't really have anything negative to say.
Oh one thing to add, you must have low latency support in the Transmitter and receiver side of things to see the full benefit and as of today I can't find any headphones with Bluetooth low latency and AptX, only Aptx. Maybe they should make a kit available with a pair of these for slightly less money that 2 x 1 unit.
*One other thing to mention, after using this for a few weeks I noticed that the sound quality suffers if you are charging/powering the transmitter whilst using it, a low level hum is transmitted along with the audio, only really noticeable during very quiet or silent parts but it is there, remedied by pulling out the USB plug*
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Bought this to feed my new Bose QuietComfort 35 headphones. I had been using another non-bluetooth wireless system to feed my older Bose noise cancelling headphones but the... Read morePublished 5 days ago by Geneng
Excellent. Plugged it in to my Marantz amp, switched it on, paired it to phone, glorious stereophonic sound. Read morePublished 6 days ago by Lee F Whitehead
Another quality piece of kit from Avantree. I have one of the earlier Roxa models that plugs in and has 3. Read morePublished 14 days ago by Amazon Customer
I bought this product with a specific requirement of using it with my Sony Bravia TV and Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Bluetooth headphones. Read morePublished 18 days ago by Old bloke
I bought the Avantree Cara a few months ago and was so pleased that when I needed to buy a Bluetooth receiver for an old 80s Hi-Fi system, I sought out an Avantree product and... Read morePublished 24 days ago by I. Robinson
Works flawlessly. I use this with my cell phone and it improves the sound quality noticeably.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer