Other Sellers on Amazon
Have one to sell?
Learning Ladder Year 6
Platform : Windows XP, Windows 98, Windows NT, Windows 95, Windows 2000
|Price:||£3.99 FREE delivery.|
Dispatched from and sold by Alivo.
- Supports Key Stage 2 of the National Curriculum
- Maths section covers ratios, shapes, space and symmetry
- English section focuses on note making, vocabulary, and reading comprehension
- Interactive science world covers curriculum topics of forces, materials, light and sound
- Progress chart monitors the activities and allows you to assess your child's strengths and weaknesses
- For ages 10-11
Frequently bought together
This shopping feature will continue to load items. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Page 1 of 1 Start overPage 1 of 1
- Platform: Windows NT / 95 / 98 / 2000 / XP
- Media: CD-ROM
- Item Quantity: 1
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Developed with experienced teachers, this disc provides the essential literacy and numeracy skills to help your child excel. This is step six of Dorling Kindersley's powerful curriculum-based learning system. There are three easy-to-use steps to mastering each topic: One-to-One Lessons ò Practice Activities ò Interactive Exercises.
- Literacy:- Punctuation ò Improving Spelling ò Note Making ò Vocabulary & Audience ò Understanding Grammar ò Reading Comprehension ò Word Origins
- Numeracy:- Fractions & Decimals ò Understanding Ratio Calculation ò Factors ò Time & Measurement ò Solving Problems ò Shapes ò Space & Symmetry
- Science:- A 3D interactive learning experience, covering science curriculum topics including: Life ò Forces ò The Earth in Space ò Light ò Sound & Heat ò Materials
- Learning Ladder Year 6 supports the following:- National Curriculum in England, Wales and Northern Ireland ò Scottish 5-14 Curriculum Framework ò Irish Primary Curriculum
Learning Ladder Year 6 is another excellent CD-ROM from Dorling Kindersley. It's aimed at children aged 10-11 and structured so that children listen to a lesson and then carry out exercises that help to consolidate the literacy and numeracy they are learning as part of the school curriculum. This CD-ROM would be invaluable for any child in Year 6 who is preparing for their SATs.
Exercises can be done at five different levels of difficulty, so that children are challenged and continue to make progress. For every 400 points that a child scores, they are rewarded with new pictures to use with the printing machine. As they gather more pictures they can enjoy designing their own cards, invitations and labels, which can be printed out.
Children can also have lots of fun navigating around Science City and learning lots of facts along the way. For example, they can find out about animals, food chains and gravity. The progress tracker clearly shows how each child is getting on with a system of green and red lights. This would quickly show parents where more help is needed. --Amanda YorkSee all Product description
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
19 January 2016
This is a really good product. Get the first three together, then as your child gets older go for the others. Interactive and your child once they get used to it can log on and access themselves. They can track their progress and they also get rewared. Exercises can be followed time after time. If you start your child off with pre-school one it will set them ahead and give them a good start. Worth every penny.
23 March 2014
this is a very good pc educational game my daughter loves it it has helped her in all 3 subjects and there has been an improvement in her work at school it's a great extra tall to help children key stage 3 and 4.
26 October 2011
I bought this for my son to help him with the school work as his school seems to be failing in teaching. Great easy to understand even adults can learn a thing or two from them. Only snag is its not always recognised when put in the computer so have to go through install process a few times now.
2 February 2004
this is an excellent buy for children,not only is it fun but the step by step instructions on screen make it easy for the child to progress stage by stage without any assistance,the progress chart helps them to understand where they have difficulty and extra tuition is needed also they are having fun which I feel is a good way to learn