Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop now George Michael - MTV Replugged Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 16 March 2016
Another good read from one of my favourite authors. A tale of spirit shifters, an unusual take on on the shifter genre, and of a secret government lab trying to exploit them for their paranormal ability and of course doing so illegally, and of Autumn, a nerdy scientist with courage and compassion who gets caught in the midst of this. Blake Wolfcollar,who is working as security chief but is doing so for his own reasons, is initially hesitant about her because of her job but still has to fight his attraction to her and when things get complicated they form an alliance and their relationship starts to develop.
Well written, well paced, and an intriguing story line. The lead characters are appealing but not perfect and the background and situation whilst unreal are still entirely consistent and credible within their own context.
This is a quick read and I recommend this if you like paranormal romance with a twist, and with strong elements of suspense and adventure. This is the first book in the series and you will have to read the others to find out what happens next.
on 27 March 2017
This was a really good book. It kept me engrossed throughout. I loved the characters and the way they interacted with each other. I really enjoyed this book and I recommend it to anyone.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 23 February 2015
really enjoyed this book so much so have just bought and downloaded the second!
on 7 October 2015
Alright read
on 27 September 2017
This is the first book I've read by this author and I have to say it won't be the last! Autumn's Blood is full of tension, romance and a bulked-up hottie who shifts into a wolf... what's not to love!

The storyline is full of intrigue and had me hooked. The characters are interesting and even though we learn a lot about them, I know there's still so much to come. It's an exciting start to a series.

I thought a paranormal romance would be out of my comforting zone, usually preferring crime and thriller reads, but then I remembered what a fan I am of the Twilight Saga and began Autumn's Blood with high hopes. This author does not disappoint and I'm looking forward to reading the second in the series!
on 4 October 2013
Marissa Farrar
Autumn's Blood
The Spirit Shifters #1

Admittedly, the cover drew my attention to this book (it's gorgeous) but once I started reading I realised there was so much more to it than just hot shifters (though that always helps the enjoyment factor). Family, love, friendships and loyalty all play a large part, as Autumn and Blake fight to save shifters from becoming science experiments. The book was very clear, well thought out and flowed smoothly, leaving no doubts about what was happening in the story. The characters definitely grew on me, and I'm hoping to see more of Mia & Peter and Autumn & Blake's relationship as the series continues. Over all the book is an enjoyable reader, but lacked the passion I love that is usually found in similar books, but this opens it open to a wider age group. Looking forward to reading more of the series, and seeing where it's all going to lead.

I received an e-copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.
on 16 August 2013
I was given this book by the author in return for an honest review.

What an exciting story! I have always loved shifter stories but this was something a whole lot more!!!!

Autumn is a fantastic main character and is made to realise rather quickly that shifter's exist and that SHE is the key to the government being able to build a "SUPER" army!!!
Blake (a shifter) helps Autumn to escape her fate of being locked in a cell and having her blood taken and used against her will!!!
The two with the help of other shifter's plan to rescue the shifter's that a re being held and tortured!!
In the midst of all this Autumn and Blake realise that they have fallen in love with each other!!!
I cannot wait to read the second book to see what happens after Blakes cousin "Chogan" has tried to announce to the world that shifter's do indeed exist!!!

Excellent book and well worth anyones time to read it!!!!!!!!
on 10 August 2013
Don't get me wrong as I am a huge MF fan. However I found it so difficult to get into this book.

Our heroine despite being allegedly very smart, seems to have people with infinite patience explaining every minute detail of their existence to her. I found her difficult to like and became frustrated with her.

Our alpha was the usual domineering character and although he was well developed I couldn't see why he would have any interest in her.

I also found myself skipping chapters. This was a disappointing book from a usually fine writer.
on 15 July 2013
Another excellent book from Marissa Farrar, this time it's about shapeshifters. I thoroughly enjoyed this book with the hero, The sexy shifter Dumas and the scientist, Autumn. It has action and romance with a splash of science, thrown in.

I highly recommend this book what a brilliant page turner, cannot wait for the next installment.
on 14 January 2014
Just finished Autumns Blood in 2 hours after not being able to put it down! I love following Autumn and Blake's relationship from the very beginning and how it's become very intense very quick! You can feel the electric between them from the moment they laid eyes on each other! The story keeps you locked in and not wanting to put the book down! I can see lots of trouble between Blake and Chogan happening in the next book and hoping Mia has a romance somewhere along the line!! It's also nice to read just about shifters, my only other experience having read True Blood where there are vampires, witches etc! Marissa is an amazing talented author and I can't wait for the next book in the series to be released!