- Enjoy £1.00 credit to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 credit per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Note: Blu-ray discs are in a high definition format and need to be played on a Blu-ray player.
- Important Information on Firmware Updates: Having trouble with your Blu-ray disc player? Will certain discs just not play? You may need to update the firmware inside your player. Click here to learn more.
Other Sellers on Amazon
An Autumn Afternoon / A Hen in the Wind (DVD + Blu-ray) 
Get £1 Off Amazon Video*
|Price:||£14.03 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
The Ozu Collection
AN AUTUMN AFTERNOON + A HEN IN THE WIND (DVD + Blu-ray)
Films by Yasujiro Ozu
Yasujiro Ozu's elegiac final film, An Autumn Afternoon, charts the inevitable eclipse of older generations by irreverent youth. Revisiting the story of his earlier masterpiece Late Spring (1949), Ozu once again casts Chishu Ryu in the role of Hirayama, the concerned father to unmarried Michiko. Harangued on all sides to marry off Michiko, Hirayama reluctantly prepares to bid his old life farewell. A cast of tragi-comic characters weaves seamlessly through this gently satirical portrayal of life's inevitable, endless cycle.
Ozu's rarely seen post-war melodrama, A Hen in the Wind, is also included here. In a Japan recently devastated by World War II a devoted, near-destitute mother turns to prostitution to pay medical bills when her son falls dangerously ill.
- Standard Definition and High Definition presentations of An Autumn Afternoon(DVD and Blu-ray)
- Standard Definition presentation of A Hen in the Wind (DVD only)
- Fully illustrated booklet with newly commissioned essays by Kyoko Hirano and Jonathan Rosenbaum
- New and improved English subtitles
Japan | 1962 + 1948 | colour + black and white | Japanese language, English subtitles | 113 minutes + 80 minutes | Original aspect ratio 1.33:1
Disc 1: BD25 | 1080p | 24fps | PCM mono audio (48k/16-bit)
Disc 2: DVD9 | PAL | Dolby Digital mono audio (320kbps)
Region B Blu-ray
Region 2 DVD
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The world Ozu conjures from his usual actors, and also using the same studio props as in other movies: the office, the corridor, the home etc, is quickly drawing the wiever inside. I become involved in the social play, problems and relations and they make me forget that the same actors and setups are re-used. This world is also very patriarchal: the men have their (more or less important) jobs and they meet every night at bars for sake and whiskey, discussing how to manage their families. But at the same time, Ozu uses strong women who sometimes put fathers and brothers in their place and make fun of them.Read more ›
Most of Ozu's films are quiet and slow-paced, but for some reason I found this more transcendental and melancholic than his others - perhaps because it came so late in his career. There's a distinct world-weariness to the central characters and a sense of mortality that's less present, in my view, in his earlier films. It makes for quite a mature and rewarding experience to watch.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I couldn't pay these disks on both Blue-ray player and PC!!Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Always a delight from this Japanese master, best served in a mellow mood with wine and a cosy armchair.Published 5 months ago by Brian Lucas