From the Back Cover
Start using Revit Architecture right away with this hands–on, real–world introduction to Autodesk′s indispensable BIM software. Through a continuous and highly engaging tutorial, you′ll learn Revit by planning and developing a four–story office building, from design to documentation to presentation. Follow each step in order, or skip straight to the skills you′d like to learn by downloading those specific project files from the companion website. Either way, you′ll get a thorough grounding in Revit basics and quickly master tools and techniques that professionals use all the time.
- Learn Revit by designing a four–story office building from start to finish
- Master standard as well as the very latest Revit tools and functions
- Understand best practices for models, views, dimensions, families, editing, and more
- Plan and create structural beams, footings, walls, doors, windows, floors, and ceilings
- Create custom stairs and railings that look great in commercial or residential settings
- Design inviting walkways, landscaping, parking, and other site elements
- Control line weights in 3D elements with old–fashioned 2D drafting
- Show off your designs with beautifully lit, fully rendered 3D perspectives
- Learn phase management, the importance of worksets, and effective worksharing
See how to quickly produce any 3D perspective on the fly
Learn to create custom millwork items such as this stair landing
Make realistic renderings with an imported image for the background
About the Author
Eric Wing is the BIM Services Manager at C&S Companies, a Syracuse, New York, engineering firm. He is also author of several books and video tutorials. Eric is a popular speaker at Autodesk University and the American Council of Engineering Companies, as well as at industry events and conferences sponsored by the American Institute of Architects, the Construction Specifications Institute, and AUGI user groups. He also teaches BIM and IPD at Clarkson University and is an Autodesk Certified Instructor.